Mountain Bike Frames???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw someone's tag line..."friends don't let friends ride mountain bikes..."

I am curious to see what people have done with mountain bike frames... I picked up a '90's Specialized Rockhopper from the Goodwill for $6.00

...still searching for inspiration.

I saw someone's tag line..."friends don't let friends ride mountain bikes..."
Maybe that line should be: "Friends don't let friends ride standard mountain bikes"

Luke.

Fortunately I don't have any friends so I ride whatever I like.
They make great comfort bikes. This is outstandingly comfortable and versatile:

com9.jpg

com9.jpg
I bet you can go for days on that thing...

Admittedly, I have a few MTB in my stable. I am curious to see what others have done too!

com9.jpg
From the picture of the water bottle. The Moon Eyes. That black holder makes it look like it has a Frown Face on the bottle under the eyes.

Had a mid-90s Diamondback Outlook, not Walmart quality, but not LBS either. Did more 'trails and rails' type of riding. It's still a 'work in progress'....
Start:
DSCF2121.jpg

First redo:
DSCF2538.jpg

Second:
DSCF3768_zps9b0ba199.jpg

Third: TBD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is that JB weld or bondo covering the welds? It is very interesting. I saw one where a person took the rear bike and split the head tube in half and welded it on the front bike right under the front bike seat. Only installed and welded one bar between the two cranks. Front gears did not change, But the rear was the only gear change on the bike.

Is that JB weld or bondo covering the welds? It is very interesting. I saw one where a person took the rear bike and split the head tube in half and welded it on the front bike right under the front bike seat. Only installed and welded one bar between the two cranks. Front gears did not change, But the rear was the only gear change on the bike.
That's just my crappy welding :) That's what I did. Split the head tube of the rear bike and welded it to the seat tube of the front bike. Added the bar at the bottom in-between. Surprisingly it rode and operated great.

That's just my crappy welding :) That's what I did. Split the head tube of the rear bike and welded it to the seat tube of the front bike. Added the bar at the bottom in-between. Surprisingly it rode and operated great.
Thanks,
And obviously you then added a chain between another gear on the front sprocket and extended the brake cable to the rear brake which is now farther back.
Thanks for the picture

This is a Very Good Thread. It really inspires me. I was never a BMX, Mountain Bike person. I really like the pictures and Ideas many of you guys have posted here.
There are too many mountain bikes that go to the scrap pile. But now I look at them differently.

Latest posts

Back