GET-A-GRIP Bicycle Show, Swap Meet, Drags & Poker Run

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have heard about us, you have read about us, you have watched our youtube videos over the last few years, isn’t it time you experienced it?????

This show has reached the status it has by great people, just like you, coming out and supporting the bike show and the American Cancer Society. This year will be no different as people come from various other states to join TN in having a great time at the GET-A-GRIP Bicycle Show, Swap Meet, Bicycle Drags and Poker Run. There is family fun for everyone as we give away top 20 awards for the best show bikes, along with peoples choice and best of show. We have drag racing for 3 age groups along with a great 8 mile round trip Poker Run on our beautiful Greenway. As always there will plenty of stuff to: swap, buy and sale.

This year, just like previous years, we have another great Giveaway Bike. This Shelby was purchased a few years bike at Smoopy’s great bike show from a great friend, Josh. It was missing the original fenders and the wheels were not the greatest but the basic frame, tank and front springer forks were all in place to make a great bike. I cleaned up the frame and front Springer, purchase a new 24” Thick Brick Wheel and Tire, purchased a new 26” wheel and tire, purchased a vintage 30’s chain guard, purchased and mounted a used seat, modified a nice set of handlebars I had and added a nice set of black grips. It rides great on the new wheels and tires and will make someone a nice ride. The only problem is, you must be present to win!

Please find attached a flyer for this year’s event and pictures of the giveaway bike. Hope to see you there. March 28, 2015!!! Gates Open at 10 am. Show ends at 3 pm.

2_zpsa7eac640.jpg
2015BicycleShowFlyer001_zps428f5c87.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am truly sorry to hear that you will not be setting up as I am sure many others are. You both always had great stuff to sale and show. You will be missed for sure! I do hope you can come and hang out and of course do the poker run.

I just spent last Monday doing a tour through north GA to promote the show and will be doing a tour through Middle TN. soon. Preregistration is coming in fast, so do forget the first 40 vendors receive a goody bag. The date is approaching fast.

748ba9838bdcf5f7ecf832e1c7ce73c2.jpg

70s Tyler Muscle Bike...I wish I still had a picture. I have forgotten what it looks like .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just found out about this show while browsing Craigslist . I'm gonna try my best to come if I can talk my neighbor into coming with me . I have a hard time driving long distances. About how far is it from knoxville zoo?

Thanks for your interest into the show. Some would say you could make it in 1 1/2 hours but I would allow myself 2 hours to get here safely from Knoxville Zoo. Hope to see you there.

Gate open at 10 am
Poker Run starts at 11 am
Bicycle judging starts at NOON
Drag races start at 2 pm
Awards ceremony starts around 3 pm.

DSCN1121_1.jpg

The T-shirts are in and should have a few with me this weekend in Nashville at the Super Bowl Sunday Swap meet at the fairgrounds. Small through 2X. Of course it depends on the weather and hoping it doesn't snow. I will be vending in the out door parking area of the swap meet. I hope to have the giveaway bike on display as well. Hope to see you there.

I just spent last Friday and part of Saturday going across East to Middle TN handing out flyers. I met a lot of great people in some great bike shops all across TN. I also met a lot of you in Nashville TN at the Super Bowl Sunday Swap Meet in which I was promoting the show and showing off the giveaway bike. I even lucked up and brought home a Ram Rod. It is now less than two months away and thank everyone for their support!!!!!

Rodstalgia Speed will be there set up for sure!!!! Anyone looking for white walls, specific color tires($35pr for 26"), springer front ends, extra curved springer front ends($45), triple tree style front ends($65), or ape hangers($28) pre-order with me ahead of time and I will deliver them to the show. Orders must be in by March 6

I'll be there wearing my t-shirt from last year. Probably won't bring quite as much stuff as last year, but definitely looking forward to trading, buying, selling (hopefully) and enjoying the day.

Glad to hear you both are coming back!!!!

Today, February 21, 2015, I drove over 450 miles promoting the show. I drove up East TN over into Western North Carolina and stopped at 9 different bicycle shops. It was a great day despite all the snow, sleet and ice as you saw TN getting battered with last evening. One of my favorite stops was at Rollrite bicycle shop. This was a little privately owned bicycle shop in the nest of the mountains and had one of the sweetest 1953 Deluxe Schwinn Panther I had ever seen. One owner, all original and for sale! Everyone today was very friendly, as I have yet to find one that wasn’t, and a few would have that vintage bicycle in the window. The most unique place was Beer City Bicycles, as you guessed it, it had a full fledge wet bar ready to serve you as you waited on your bike. Thanks to everyone, the hits on the You Tube videos has doubled in the last two months and expecting another huge crowd as pre-registration is still trickling in. We may not be the biggest but try our best, to be the best. Don’t forget to mark your calendar and make plans now to attend. Look forward to seeing you there.

Hey, I noticed that your craigslist ad does not have the date and location listed in the copy. I know that it's on the poster image, but it's too small to read.

http://gadsden.craigslist.org/bik/4879667589.html

Looking forward to being there!

I just pulled in from another 300 plus mile ride through southwest North Carolina promoting the show. I was able to hit 6 bike shops today and once again met some great people. Word is getting out about the show for several had said they had heard about the show, which is good. To date we have had 9 people to pre-register representing 6 different states with 6 of them being new vendors.

The show is only 3 weeks away. The show plaques are in and the 40 goody bags are in the process of being filled with some interesting items. So I hope you have the date down and ready to drive to Cleveland TN.

Getting close! I won't be there as a vendor this year, but I have been fortunate to sell a few high dollar bikes lately. As a result my bike account is bigger than it has ever been! I will be there looking for some nice quality replacements to rebuild my shrinking collection.:cool2:
So, this brings up a question...who's coming as a vendor and what do you plan to bring?

I won't be a vendor but you know what bikes I've got! Any could make the trip if they had a buyer waiting. Including the x-53

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting close! I won't be there as a vendor this year, but I have been fortunate to sell a few high dollar bikes lately. As a result my bike account is bigger than it has ever been! I will be there looking for some nice quality replacements to rebuild my shrinking collection.:cool2:
So, this brings up a question...who's coming as a vendor and what do you plan to bring?

I'll have the Raceliner there. :39:

Latest posts

Back