1920s INDY RACE CARS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've officially become addicted to this genre of race car...in particular the Miller front wheel drive. :43:

Started collecting some pics and figured I'd post some of them here.

14indy500pb2010.jpg

28-Miller-Front-Drive-Spcl-DV-10-PBC_01.jpg

uDZXWuyh.jpg

1925_Miller_122.JPG

1925_Miller_122-2.JPG

miller3.jpg

1925_Miller_Junior_Eight.JPG

R00011b.jpg

_6_20140825_2004347836.jpg

Last edited:
I know it's not the same but,
When I was but a wee pup in the mid sixties my father sculpted my pinewood derby car into a Miller. I wish I had that car now...

Carl.

I was just digging th though an old box last night and found all my old pinewood derby cars and trophies. I was feared by hopeful dads and sons and hated by nervous mothers back in those days. The body style looks like it was made to be shrunk down and turned into a bicycle tank. This actually gives me an idea for a future build. Thanks!

Oh yes!!!
I love your new addiction!!!!
Being into traditional hot rods for years I naturally like vintage Indy racers because for me they are just part of the family and very often great names of the hot rodding were driving or tuning them.

In 2011 I definetively fall in love with them when i went in UK for the Goodwood's festival of speed. For me one of the craziest event for a car guy.

With luck there was there almost all of the Indy cars usually on display at the Indianapolis museum.

I have mainly pics from 30s to 60s ones but also some of a Miller so...

Just for you boss.:dance2:

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

An awesome. Addiction!!! Love these old indy cars I see the Marmon wasp in your pics ( 32I think it is) that car is by far my favorite race car topping with the fabulous hudson hornet. Great pictures and cool cars I so just learned of the early fwd car I didn't know existed.
Thanks for sharing
Sean

When ever I hear somebody say that "new fangled front wheel drive sucks, is under powered, and doesn't feel right", I give them a history lesson and show them cars like these. What was old is "new" again.

Latest posts

Back