Let's see those Bicentennial Muscle Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It was really neat growing up in Chicago in 1976, as there was a huge awareness of the upcoming 200 year Bicentennial coming up. Everybody was getting into the party. I remember the Chicago Transit authority has done up there Buses and L Trains to celebrate. There was a house near the park in my neighborhood that the owner had painted Red, White, and Blue. And I can say I saw my fair share of VW Bugs, Buses, and a few others painted up those great colors. There was a lot of American Pride then and the bike industry was building some cool stuff to Commemerate and celebrate the occasion.

Every 4th of July my Flag goes on the house and the Stingrays get parked on the Lawn!

So let's show off that Red/White and Blue...

Coaster StingRay

Coaster FairLady

3 Speed StingRay

Sears "Ted Williams" Free Spirit Bike - Sold this Summer to a nice girl who just had to have it.

Huffy Star Spangler - Sold a while back to Super Cool RRB'r

Here's my 76 Stingray - the frame serial number date is actually July '76

image-29.jpg
[/URL]

Congratulations to everyone with those Bicentennials, they all look outstanding! Here's my 3 speed.

s4205_zps91337f73.jpg

Seems like many Schwinn owners including myself like aftermarket seats for Bicentennials.

Irocit, you are correct. The bike came with a solid blue seat which is boring and I also put on a rear slick instead of the knobby tire. RWL slicks are so much cooler.

Latest posts

Back