"Death rod" briggs powered Murray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome video!

I have quick bricks with S/A 90mm front hub. And a rear 3 speed hub. Welded a 40 tooth sprocket together to fit it. (They don't make one) and cut the rear off added 5 inches and lowered 2 inches over all. Also cut the front down tub and bent it out to make room for the motor to sit upright in the frame

That freewheel deal is a good one...
I'd like to see the other side.
I have a very similar motor I'd like to put on SGT.ROCK.

Carl.

the crank runs to a 22 tooth sprocket that is a freewheel
So, Let me understand this. You have a freewheel crank in it and a freewheel Sprocket on the rear. This allows the Engine to run and pull under power and the Your Crank with Pedals will also freewheel while engine is pulling. But can be used as a regular bike with engine non running. If so that is Great.

i
Nice build. How many HP is the Briggs?
3.5 HP
So, Let me understand this. You have a freewheel crank in it and a freewheel Sprocket on the rear. This allows the Engine to run and pull under power and the Your Crank with Pedals will also freewheel while engine is pulling. But can be used as a regular bike with engine non running. If so that is Great.

yes.. the way you understand it is true.. the crank is just like any other bicycle but the sprocket the crank runs to is the the freewheel that is all link into my jackshaft. the rear hub is a 3 speed sturmey archer freewheel. i can pedal this bike but I'm having a hard time getting my gear ratio to work well.. right now its one pedal for one turn of the wheel. I'm trying to get it to half a pedal for one rotation of the wheel.. i need a bigger crank sprocket and smaller freewheel on my jackshaft. I will figure it out..

Nice lookin ride! This pedalizing of a motorbike thing is always much more complicated than people realize. Liked a square peg in a round hole. I can just imagine how adding the correct sprocket combos to work well and look good is almost impossible.

Hows build going.....

I would say not so good this second. The thing is a rock going down the road. Smooth straight. Fast. I love it. But I don't think the sturmey 3 speed Hub was built to last doing the speed and riding it hard like I have. It's alright tho. I have an eye on a moped hub I'm going to stuff in the back

Latest posts

Back