Whats it worth?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okey... so nobody is willing to pay anything for the bike?
I will refrase the question , if it was your bike ,what would you ask for it?

It would be good to see pictures of the build as you put it all together. We here know what goes into building good working bikes. We like the details. It is ashamed that you can not always get back what you put into a build like this. I would venture to place it in the $1200-$1700 realm. I would put a asking price of $2200.

Last edited:
Over 140 views and only one suggestion :confused:
I will really apriciate your input.
Or, are roadwarrior spot on?:)

You are asking an Off the Wall Question. You already know what it is worth. It is so Rare how would anyone here know? Just put a price on it that you feel comfortable with and see if someone will pay you that amount.
Good Luck on the sale. Its A Nice One.

That's a nice bike; unfortunately, such things rarely get you back nearly as much as you put into it. Without getting too analytical, I'd probably ask 2grand for it, and take anything north of $1500.... but, as others mentioned, there are lots of variables here. One of the most important factors is how quickly you need to sell the bike....

PS- I see now that you're in Sweden. TBH, I haven't the foggiest idea what the market for motorized bicycles is like in Sweden, so take my advice above with about a tablespoon of salt....

Great job, but unfortunately there's a limited audience for things like that. No way you could ride it where I live, except on private property. I have no idea what stuff sells for in Sweden, but the previous posters are about right for coastal U.S.

p.s. Somewhere a Villiers enthusiast is plotting your demise. :crazy:

I think you're probably asking the wrong audience, although i'm sure we could make some decent US estimates. And of course my NC estimate would be far lower than someone else's say, Texas estimate due to local economies and legalities of use by state...

And most Rat Rod Bikers make poor consumers of finished product...where most admirers elsewhere would exclaim "I must buy one! How much?" most RRB's cry "OMG that is so awesome! I absolutely must build one of these!" Most of the time we are estimating cost of parts rather than cost of the result...

Thank you for your input guys!:)
As many of you pointed out ,there are maybe to many variables, country, crowd, legal issues etc to set a "global" price. But i'm very happy that you all guys are in the same ballpark with pricing, and that haved helped me decide on a price, if and when i sell. (around 1500 us )
And now some fun stuff! I wanted to insure the bike so i called my insurance company, they didnt have a insurance that covered a homebuilt non registerd mc, no suprice... but he said he call back in a few days, and he did. They had created a special insurance for the bike, becouse it was a collectors item!:D. So they looked at the bike and asked how much i want to insure the bike for? Next second he says 10000-20000 dollars? I could almost not keep myself from laughing and said, no i think 5000 us is quite enough.

So the moral of the story is, its better to not lock the bike than sell it:grin::rolleyes:

Thank you for your input guys!:)
As many of you pointed out ,there are maybe to many variables, country, crowd, legal issues etc to set a "global" price. But i'm very happy that you all guys are in the same ballpark with pricing, and that haved helped me decide on a price, if and when i sell. (around 1500 us )
And now some fun stuff! I wanted to insure the bike so i called my insurance company, they didnt have a insurance that covered a homebuilt non registerd mc, no suprice... but he said he call back in a few days, and he did. They had created a special insurance for the bike, becouse it was a collectors item!:D. So they looked at the bike and asked how much i want to insure the bike for? Next second he says 10000-20000 dollars? I could almost not keep myself from laughing and said, no i think 5000 us is quite enough.

So the moral of the story is, its better to not lock the bike than sell it:grin::rolleyes:

Sooooo....did you get the insurance yet? I'll loan you my sledgehammer...:21:

Latest posts

Back