Anyone else planning for BOTEN (RRBBO#10) yet?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am hoping to have the winning bid on a rare Raceliner on eBay. My plan is for a gender bender build that converts it from a boys to a girls bike. Wish me luck on the auction.

Is everyone chompin' at the bit again ?
Mark
Yes, but I've been keepin' busy reworking an old build and restyling a tourer passed over to me. I've got a lot of the parts I need for BO-X hanging in the rafters, but I haven't dusted anything off yet. Except Paint.NET I do like working on concepts in paint...

Carl.

Here is a rather bad photo of one of the wheels I'm hoping to use on BOTEN.

000_Wheel.jpg

It's from a 1936 Chevrolet and is destined to be on something like this...

chevy-jpg.2854311

Or maybe something like this...

untitqqled-jpg.2857804

But since that project is far off in the distant future, I thought it'd be cool to use the wheels on a bike :D

This will only happen if I manage to sell at least one of the four bikes I currently have for sale. Unfortunately, nobody here locally seems keen and shipping is too expensive. I might have to lower my prices and absorb the freight charges 'cause I'm quite looking forward to using these wheels on BOTEN.

Glen.

Here is a rather bad photo of one of the wheels I'm hoping to use on BOTEN.

000_Wheel.jpg

It's from a 1936 Chevrolet and is destined to be on something like this...

chevy-jpg.2854311

Or maybe something like this...

untitqqled-jpg.2857804

But since that project is far off in the distant future, I thought it'd be cool to use the wheels on a bike :D

This will only happen if I manage to sell at least one of the four bikes I currently have for sale. Unfortunately, nobody here locally seems keen and shipping is too expensive. I might have to lower my prices and absorb the freight charges 'cause I'm quite looking forward to using these wheels on BOTEN.

Glen.

I sure hope we see BOGLEN in BOTEN!

Pulled my entry down today and went for a short spin just to see...
It's been in the rafters for a long time, didn't even need air.

Can't say the same for the van tho....:confused:

Carl.

I picked up a frame (Murray-built Spaceliner-style) from TravIs (Double Nickel) a while back (thanks Travis!!!)

My dilemma (and a point that may prevent me from participating in BOTEN) is I had the opportunity to have the frame powder coated last month. This was my only window to have it done in time for the build-off.

Will this disqualify me, or can I proceed? Starting Friday, of course...)

Last edited:
I picked up a frame (Murray-built Spaceliner-style) from TravIs (Double Nickel) a while back (thanks Travis!!!)

My dilemma (and a point that may prevent me from participating in BOTEN) is I had the opportunity to have the frame powder coated last month. This was my only window to have it done in time for the build-off.

Will this disqualify me, or can I proceed? Starting Friday, of course...)
As long as the bike isn't already built you should be good. Some people are building bikes that are already painted. Just show pix before the build so people can see that you're starting from scratch.

Awesome!!! I've been collecting/purchasing parts fora couple weeks now. The bike will be built either way, and I know I have no chance in winning!!! Just want to play along!!! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!!! I've been collecting/purchasing parts fora couple weeks now. The bike will be built either way, and I know I have no chance in winning!!! Just want to play along!!! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm building a pretty simple bike this year. I ran out of good bikes to build so I'm just building a banana seat bike that I've been wanting to fix up for awhile now. Plus, I still haven't finished last years BONINE bike yet. :blackeye: Ugh!

had to hunt around to find a pic. this is what he looked like when he was retired as my mountain and turned into a Motorized bike. will be rethinking the roller cam that I added on in 84 and the only other mod were also done in 84-85, replaced the rear

This is my first bike build and my first build off so I am excited! I'm going to do a trike, I got the frame at Harrville Flea Market here in Ohio a few years ago. I'm thinking of doing some big wheels on it and calling it the Steamroller.

61bce791a5e7183e8bdc11147a4c6bc5.jpg

Here it is just sitting by the wheels I have, if anyone has a better name idea I'm open ... Good luck to everyone!!!

I've got three build ideas, and I have no clue which one I'll be going with.

1) Version 3 of the boardtrackers that I build every couple of years (Imitation 1910, Red Baron).
2) A Gaskill-esque cut 'n' hack burrito that would be made with three or four frames, including a tandem frame. This would be very "what flows," and I have no real plan for it. How the frames fit together would determine what it looks like.
3) I've been thinking that I need a new simple scratch-built bike to show people an example of my work, so I might do that. Except that it would probably have 36" wheels.

I've got three build ideas, and I have no clue which one I'll be going with.

1) Version 3 of the boardtrackers that I build every couple of years (Imitation 1910, Red Baron).
2) A Gaskill-esque cut 'n' hack burrito that would be made with three or four frames, including a tandem frame. This would be very "what flows," and I have no real plan for it. How the frames fit together would determine what it looks like.
3) I've been thinking that I need a new simple scratch-built bike to show people an example of my work, so I might do that. Except that it would probably have 36" wheels.
3^:D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back