Modded Currie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24v Currie kits are cheap and simple to install, but they are very tail heavy and performance is unimpressive.
I upped the motor gear ratio with a new freewheel to gain some top speed.
I moved the SLA batteries from the rear rack to an ammo box in the frame triangle.
I needed a new housing for the controller, so I modded a fuel tank for that.
I am planning a much needed makeover for the ammo can battery box.
May go 36v, depending how things go.

I had the petro tank on hand, so I figured that I might as well use it. I was able to relocate the original rocker switch from the rear rack to the bottom of the faux tank, where it is much easier to reach.

Gas Tank on an Ebike?!?
Madness on this site I tell you, Madness! =)

I like the combination. Check this one (found on the EB forum), it has a hollowed out gas engine for looks, but actually runs on a BBS02 midmotor. (The battery and display in the tank and control buttons integrated in the shift lever):
image_10814.jpg

The ebike with the faux engine looks really cool. I have seen DIY ebikes with a functional gas engine and elec motor. The elec motor is for push start and acceleration. The gas engine is used for sustained cruising speed.
-Having a gas engine, functional or faux, is one quick way to get kicked off the sidewalk or multi-use path.

Latest posts

Back