Hack rescue...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crappy pic...
unnamed (19).jpg

made a little more progress, bottom bracket installed, new rubber spooned on, and rear caliper brackets fabbed, now I'm waiting on parts again, lol...
unnamed (20).jpg

I really like your fork mod have to try it on my old roll fast frame missing a fork currently. :rolleyes:

it's not finished yet, but for this project, it will do, I'll post some more pics of it, as I finish it, thanks for the compliments, guys!...

got to work on my forks some more this evening, got everything bent, and tacked, still need to fab a top bracket, and finish out the welds, pretty happy so far...
unnamed (24).jpg
unnamed (26).jpg
unnamed (27).jpg

not a fan of the knowby red tires , but great job on the fork so far , i wish i had that frame too , nicey nicey!:thumbsup:

Now the question is whether to finish the weld you did on the Schwinn side of the frame so it looks like a smooth Schwinn weld (actually a Schwinn electroforge..) or to leave it....My vote is for a little flap wheeling and polish it up a tiny bit, then paint.

Great job so far....Interesting fork truss and lengthening technique. . I'm assuming all MIG welds? Great use of materials to obtain a vintage look.

I'm thinking the red tires will look right once you have your final color on it, lthough I'm not a fan of the street ride they give. Off road, they are great!

What a save!:41:

Nice Kickstand...;) Might be a bit in the way once retracted..lol.

thanks!...

as far as the welds go, I plan to metal finish everything smooth, just like Schwinn ...

welds on the frame are MIG, the fork is all TIG...

as for the tires, I was limited in choices, due to the 29" size, but on this bike, they will work...

again, thanks for the compliment on the save, wasn't sure what to do with it at first, but figured whatever I did, wouldn't be as bad as what I started with, lol...

as for the "kickstand" lol, it was the base of a vintage upright fan, that there weren't any parts available for anymore, so I just recycled it...

trying to get my shifters, and deraialleurs bought, so I can finish this one out and get it into paint, so close, but always waiting on parts, lol...

got a few more bits, and hung them on, taking shape, a few more adjustments and a few more parts, and this blade will be ready for paint, dang the Campy stuff, is nice!...

Latest posts

Back