Rollfast Stroker 300 Project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I picked up this Rollfast back in April. I got the idea to mess with it today. I have some extra parts laying around and so this is what happened...
DSCN0599.jpg

DSCN1050.jpg

DSCN1051.jpg

DSCN1049.jpg

DSCN1046.jpg

The front tire was too wide for the stock forks. I had this pair of Sears Spyder forks from a 24" bike to replace them. The Rollfast has a short head like a Schwinn and the Sears forks are a lot longer so I added a piece of steel pipe to the bottom. No brakes for the front now.:( The Odyssey tires look good on it and goes with the bike well I think. Rear tire is 20X2.40 front is 20X2.20. I cleaned up the 3 speed hub on the outside and removed as much rust from the rim as possible with WD-40 and aluminum foil. The innards work fine and I added a bit of Tenacious Oil through the oil cap. The front rim I simply replaced with a heavy duty 12g rim I had in the shop. So far this is my progress.
DSCN1057.jpg

DSCN1058.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great! Love those Odyssey Hawk tires...
Is that a rebadged Huffy Rail long frame? Looks like similar proportions...

Luke.
The Huffy Rail has a curved down tube and the chain/seat stays are not as long as on the Rollfast.

Now that is an upgrade! I can't believe that tire fits in the back ha!

Weird that the violet paint matches so well, I guess there were only a few paint colors used back then!

I like it!

Well I was wanting to finish it today but I ran into a snag. I need a new chain. The one I took off was shot! Here it is when I stopped tonight. That Autosol really cleaned up the rust fender sissy bar and handlebars. :113:
DSCN1083.jpg

DSCN1082.jpg

I finally got it finished yesterday and took it out for a 5 mile test ride. Rolls great and is a smooth ride. Second gear is perfect for a cruise, third gear really takes off too! I have minor cosmetic things to finish like putting the black highlights back on the shifter. Eventually I want to find a wider fork for the front that will put the wheel in a normal position so I can put the front brake back on the bike and the rear wheel needs better chrome and a spoke.
DSCN1110.jpg

DSCN1109.jpg

DSCN1111.jpg

DSCN1120.jpg

DSCN1121.jpg
DSCN1122.jpg
DSCN1123.jpg

I can't believe that's the same bike that I saw, you're really good!

Cruised over to the park tonight for the monthly Delaware Valley Roadrunners Cruise. I met up with Mark (aka: IROCIT) and his daughter. I had her model the Rollfast. She tried riding it but it was just a tad to high and a bit of a stretch to reach the bars. Also a sweet rat rod... I liked the tires.
DSCN1145.jpg

DSCN1160.jpg

Cruised over to the park tonight for the monthly Delaware Valley Roadrunners Cruise. I met up with Mark (aka: IROCIT) and his daughter. I had her model the Rollfast. She tried riding it but it was just a tad to high and a bit of a stretch to reach the bars. Also a sweet rat rod... I liked the tires.
DSCN1145.jpg

DSCN1160.jpg
It might have been a little big for her but It fit me just fine, nice riding bike.

Latest posts

Back