☣☢ VerBoten ☠ϟ - Elgin Twin Evanaction Build - Big Butt Strikes Again!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dig the shadow you cast with it. Looks spooky. Like some crazy bird. Or a dinosaur catching bugles in its mouth.
I can see that. :21:
893722df-94a7-4bf6-997e-e0ed7a9ca109_zps0ucc1ah4.jpg

That color is great. Reminds me of 50s chevys.

My Uncle always told me about a turquoise and white 57 Chevy convertible he had just out of high school that he wrecked.

After my day job, I went stripping tonight.
No surprises under the paint.

WP_20150720_20_13_59_Pro.jpg
WP_20150720_20_30_31_Pro.jpg
WP_20150720_20_32_16_Pro.jpg
WP_20150720_20_32_35_Pro.jpg

WP_20150720_20_34_52_Pro.jpg

Pretty abrupt change, think I might like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty abrupt change, think I might like it.

Which change, the stripped frame or the bright turquoise (or both)?

Turquoise, waiting to see if it sticks.

The main accent color is going to by gloss white. I to paint the vent darts similar to this pic that I found and flipped.
000f33240ee8857718ebe0807848048d.jpg

Turquoise, waiting to see if it sticks.

It's been the main color that I have contemplated since the beginning of the build. I just got diverted by the reds somewhere along the line.

Might need to become "DramaKing", you had me expecting red all along. The plot thickens.

Might need to become "DramaKing", you had me expecting red all along. The plot thickens.

No smoke and mirrors here. :)
What you saw in the build thread was the natural flow of the build. I really thought it was gonna be red too (or creme and red). But the more and more that I started testing paints and complicating it with fenders, I just couldn't get the turquoise out of my head, so I played around with it on the computer and had to go with my gut.

If only the chain guard and skirt could be one piece.

- by Gigmata

I prefer them not to be on this frame.
Speaking of the chain guard, I finished sanding it and got it primed. There are some great lines to this guard. Lots of paint pattern options.

WP_20150721_18_52_05_Pro.jpg

Also got the front half of the frame sanded. There is a lot of surface area with this frame. She a curvy beauty to rub on though!!!!!

WP_20150721_20_51_57_Pro.jpg

What process do you use for stripping kingfish? I am contemplating my frame for the klunker build this winter....

Luckily the black was a more recent well done paint job, so I didn't have layers to contend with. It was just black topcoat and gray primer. I had some yard sale Strypease and just brushed it on and after it had time to break down the paint, I spent quite a while scraping the black off with the side of a putty knife. I have used stronger strippers before that would have made that part easier. Now I am sanding the whole frame by hand.

Latest posts

Back