Greetings from Somerville, MA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all! Been soaking my eyeballs in a lot of the photos posted here lately. Long time bike rider/enthusist but new to and smitten with funky 60s-70s muscle bikes (love wedge style frames!) and custom ratrods.

I see there are some other New Englanders here like the NERRB folks. Maybe I can meet up with y'all for a ride one of these days.

Currently working on restoring a 66 fastback and am currently riding around on a spiral "wedge" frame that I funked out to the max with tall sissybar + pad, decommissioned hand grenade, etc... Will share some photos soon!

Also thinking of organizing a bike show/swap in Somerville, MA at my sign shop/art studio this fall. We have a big co-op garage/event space plus a parking lot for even more overflow room. Never organized anything like this so anyone with good connections or wanting to participate should feel free to contact me. Would be great to get some stunners out to show off. Will post a separate thread under events once I get things going.

Cheers!
-Bob

Joaquin,

The building I have a space in has housed many companies over the years and dates all the way back to 1874. It's right on the commuter rail train tracks in the Union Square neighborhood. I know there were some bike builders in my building in the 80s. I believe two of the bicycle companies were Merlin Metalworks and Fat City Cycles. Could one of these companies be your friend's?

Thx for the welcome!

Latest posts

Back