Time to Sell / Help with Value

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Over the past 3-4-5 years I've tinkered with the old bikes as something to do over the winter restoration-wise....rat style of course.
I've decided it's time to sell a couple - maybe even a rare girls Winchester ( as in guns ) I have that is pretty much original.
I'm looking to get an idea on the value of the 2 - 1942 Roadmasters I have -
42Roadmaster2.jpg
pics attached.
One is finished and ready to ride and the other needs a chain.....was told a 53 link would work but it needs a 56. Seat was redone with leather that matches patina color almost perfect.
Both bikes were cleaned with naval jelly down to enough paint showed and them satin cleared. New tires and tubes and kept original where possible.

Last edited:
Nice looking bikes. Value is relative worth--paid + parts + what someone else would pay = sale price. In short, what do you need out of them?
For the Roadmasters, my guess would be between $200 and $350.
The Winchester ?

$300-$350 for the guys is what I was thinking........
No idea on the Winchester. Ones I have seen on EBay have gone all over with clean ones like mine going $400 and up. Guys versions get big money.....very rare bike. Thanks - still open to other opinions valuewise.

Here is my opinion, for what its worth, based on what I would be asking for these bikes if I were selling them.

The first RM could be a 42 as that style frame with the slightly curved down tube was used late prewar and very early post. Id be asking $350.

The second RM is post war with that more pronounced curved down tube. Post war bring less than Pre for the most part. Id be asking $275

The Winchester looks pretty much to be a mid-grade Harris/Snyder built bike (Rollfast). Crank and wheels look incorrect and the fender light looks to be a modified handle bar mount unit. My guess is that by the time this bike was built Winchester was long removed from the bicycle business and Snyder just used the name for Nostalgia's sake. Id probably be looking to get $175 out of it.

Latest posts

Back