Firestone And comet info needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have two classic lady's bikes, I'm looking for info on.

1: Firestone Pilot. Its got the old skip tooth chain. The only numbers I can find stamped on it are on the bottom of the crank housing. they read "MO-L 90 391" looking to find an aprox year and what it might be worth. Here are some photos of it.

bikes%20010.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2: Comet. I don't Think the three speed hub is original to this one. But don't know much about it, other than the head badge says comet.
Only numbers I can find are stamped by the seat post and read "82520"
Its got 28" wheels.

Any info would be great. Thanks.

Thanks guys. so now that i know who the maker is for the firestone, I did a bunch of looking, and seems it's a 1955. I guess the letter after "MOS" stands for the year.

As for the comet. I did a bunch of looking, found a picture of one identical, only it said it was a 1932 Raleigh. seems mine could be a Raleigh, but still doing more research on this one..

MO-L is 1947. Sounds like you found the outdated Murray Eliminator list that's in a thread on the Cabe. Murray built for Firestone for just a couple years 46-50ish, then again in the mid 60s. The other bike, ?? -Adam

Latest posts

Back