SHOW ME YOUR WORKSPACE / SHOP

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some days just run into weeks...what a mess.
This what happens when you work on more than one project at a time
638ec046229d7b1dc416f37f4da523c3.jpg

It's all about the Rescue / Revival and of course the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

my FB page
https://m.facebook.com/antiquebikerescue

Some days just run into weeks...what a mess.
This what happens when you work on more than one project at a time
638ec046229d7b1dc416f37f4da523c3.jpg

It's all about the Rescue / Revival and of course the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

my FB page
https://m.facebook.com/antiquebikerescue

Yep! You start with a clean bench and floor... by mid-way through the project you have NO room on the bench, your tripping on parts scattered on the floor, and you can't find your 15mm wrench! :mad:

Finally got around to building a dust proof box for my shed/patio system.

Plywood with a nice curved piece of perspex

QcaLGth.png

Plenty of outlets, all switched on/off by a switch on the outside of the box

BgDvujK.png

4 channel amp for 2 speakers in the shed and 2 on the patio.
Mini Lepai amp powering another 2 speakers in the shed.
Handy for when I wanna turn it up when working without having it too loud outside.

Tuner and line in to the amp as well of course,
The amp also feeds from a mixer in the house, in the main music room running 2x4 channel amps and 8 speakers.

The mixer is hooked up to a pair of turntables and also the computer.

It is connected to the surround system in the lounge room as well, so I can basically listen to anything anywhere one room at a time or the whole house and outside.

KNkylO2.png

The computer PSU in the box powers the little amp and 2 computer fans at the top of the box for cooling when the hatch is shut while I'm working and making dust.

Another amp to be added soon for more speakers in the yard by the fireplace and outdoor deck.
Yeh.....

I'm speaker obsessed....

:confused: - help!

Just a quick update on my new shed...

9bf8e0ffd2cd9c866aab03b8af48bda7.jpg

Still a work in progress!!

And a question...how close together CAN you hang bikes? Turning the stem and removing pedals, I have half of mine hanging on 8" centers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Luke. Its a gated community and you can ride anything.
Lots of golfcarts. Got 617 houses and we cruise almost every night.
Still have lots of tools but for now just waiting to get better to
play with them. Been here almost a year. Its a different lifestyle
for sure.
DSCF0008.JPG

Updating my work space at the moment, been building bikes for 4 years on a workbench made out of two cheap sawhorses and an MDF offcut. First few bikes were built in the backyard out in the open, then I moved into the carport after I had the trailer to work next to.

Rain, wind and other weather was still an issue, plus the workbench that wobbled everywhere, was too low and warped requiring a new top every now and then, it become more and more of a hold up due to worsening health, so I decided a change was required!

Put up a free standing 'L' shaped wall with the trailer making a 3rd side wind block, and have now started making a very solid STEEL workbench!

workbench1.jpg

workbench2.jpg

Next step is to flip it over and weld on the top plates, then I can get that old bench out of there and start setting up my trailer properly, I intend to have a slide for my welder, hanging hooks for my grinders, and a few crates to separate parts and tools into. I will have light mounts above the bench, a proper power-board and I might even throw down some sort of floor mat.

Hopefully building bikes will be a much smoother operation very soon!

Luke.

Finished the workbench and got it in place, final weight is somewhere around 120lbs!

Flipped it over to weld the top:

workbench3.jpg

Removed the old bench and cleaned up the space:

workbench4.jpg

Top joins welded, ground down and cold galvanised all the joins:

workbench5.jpg

Ready to weld the top on (ran out of wire half way through, thankfully had a spare roll on hand):

workbench6.jpg

Finished and in place with overhead lighting:

workbench7.jpg

Should be much more productive now with a proper work area!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back