Campground Cruiser **FINISHED**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
35f22bcd5612509b70f037de4fadba45.jpg

Hey everyone,
First time posting here. I have been following ratrodbikes on instagram for a while now and dig all the great pics. I have been fix and flipping old and new bikes for years now. A friend asked me to remove this bike from her patio the week before the build off. It seemed to me that it was meant to be. So the bike is a 1963 Schwinn Jaguar Mark 5. I decided against restoration and to just have fun with it. I like to camp and love cruisers. My goal will be to make it a little more off road friendly and useful around the campground. Lots of ideas whirling around in my head. I look forward to seeing everyone's builds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Coppertone! Only offered from 63-68. The couple I've had looked worse than yours but they shined up nicely. I just had bare frames. I just gave them a cleaning with soap and water, then used a couple coats of paste car wax. Schwinn chrome was high quality back then also.
coppertone.jpg

Coppertone! Only offered from 63-68. The couple I've had looked worse than yours but they shined up nicely. I just had bare frames. I just gave them a cleaning with soap and water, then used a couple coats of paste car wax. Schwinn chrome was high quality back then also.
View attachment 23681
The chrome is decent!

Welcome to the fray! You have the right idea 'just have fun with it'.....! Great bike to start with. Hope you keep the original patina.....it's cool...:thumbsup:

Way to hit the ground running in your first few posts on RRB.
I like the way you are thinking on that barometric tank.

Latest posts

Back