buildoff/ build challenge bikes where are they now?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
well after selling a few of my bikes and realizing my zero budget buildof bike ( apocalypse klunker) is now sitting without tires because i needed them for another bike i thought ti would be a fun idea to show us your buildoff/build challenge bikes to show us where are they now.
there has been some incredible buildoff bikes and build challenge entries and i would like to see where they are now.
i will take a picture of apocalypse klunker in a bit before and after would be awesome
feel free to comment
sean

My Build-off 9 bike is now in New Jersey after it sold last year on feePay.
Rat%20truck_zpsxhhy2fzy.jpg

The others are still in my collection.

My Build-off 9 bike is now in New Jersey after it sold last year on feePay.
Rat%20truck_zpsxhhy2fzy.jpg

The others are still in my collection.
ahh i remember this one shes a beautiful machine and one of my favorite all time builds glad shes in a good home i love the tank idea on this and your tanks are amazing

Big Jim is still owned by the guy I sold it to, it makes the rounds of most of the vintage, rat car shows in the state, here it is in the local paper:

26581991662_905750b058_o.png

I have seen pics from a few different shows and facebook posts...

I still have my Joker build and ride it occasionally, Outlaw will get started up again soon, and should be finished by the end of the year hopefully.

Luke.

Big Jim is still owned by the guy I sold it to, it makes the rounds of most of the vintage, rat car shows in the state, here it is in the local paper:

View attachment 22694

I have seen pics from a few different shows and facebook posts...

I still have my Joker build and ride it occasionally, Outlaw will get started up again soon, and should be finished by the end of the year hopefully.

Luke.
big jim was an amazing bike but i have grown to expect nothing but amazing builds form you luke you sir are extremely talented

Interesting thread here, I've only done a couple builds but my build off ten bike (both versions of it) are in pieces in my garage. With exception of the front wheel of the trike,it now resides overseas.

Last edited by a moderator:
My first bike build was BEER RUN in BO6 (26th).

brthen.jpg

It still hangs in my buddies YOUR PIE pizza joint

brnow.jpg

Last edited:
My second Build Off bike was Flexy (Flex-Liner 7) from BO7 (5th)

fthen2.jpg

I sold it to @Big Ape last year

fnow.JPG

My first bike build was BEER RUN in BO6 (26th).

View attachment 22910

It still hangs in my buddies YOUR PIE pizza joint

View attachment 22909
i still love beerrun that has to be one of my favorite builds as well as flex liner you build some sweet rides brotha and actually my dual speedometer setup was inspired by your building ideas so thanks for that as well

My Super Sonic winter build off bike was a fun project for sure. Looking back, maybe I did go a little to over the top with the bars and seat mount.:crazy:

IMG_1259.JPG

I have made some changes a couple of times since it was "finished"! And now with a 3 speed hub, it is one of my favorite cruise bikes, it does get loads of complements, and it is absolutely a keeper now! And, that cheap Viscount seat rides pretty darn nice too.

IMG_2007.JPG

My Super Sonic winter build off bike was a fun project for sure. Looking back, maybe I did go a little to over the top with the bars and seat mount.:crazy:

IMG_1259.JPG

I have made some changes a couple of times since it was "finished"! And now with a 3 speed hub, it is one of my favorite cruise bikes, it does get loads of complements, and it is absolutely a keeper now! And, that cheap Viscount seat rides pretty darn nice too.

View attachment 23591
Dig the red walls, I'm glad a viscount seat is comfortable. I have one I've never tried out, well I'll try it in build off 11.

Dig the red walls, I'm glad a viscount seat is comfortable. I have one I've never tried out, well I'll try it in build off 11.
I tell you, if they were a little larger they would be the cat's meow!

well, I'm still workin' on my tenderfoot badge, but that cool little bike I did for the 0 dollar buildoff. it's in the shed..I was just working on it the other day.
Wind took it down on the concrete and it busted that overly ornamental rack on the back. Turns out,....I used solid down rods for the rack supports and the welds at the top were goofy, they snapped when it hit. So, I got some 3/8" tubing and flattened out the ends and made better attachment points and re welded it right this time.
I don't know what I'll do with it...Since then I've already fixed up two mountain bikes and yesterday finished putting the old Trailmate Trike back together :happy:
26748334782_3a390a29a9_b.jpg

Took J unk C rafted Higgins (from BBO 10) out to the anniversary ride for socal rat rod riders

not the easiest 12miles to bike
at least we stop for food half way

I did make one change and that was a white seat I got off my jet pilot bike (same style as the first seat I used just more ratty)
IMG_3943_zpswdrgep5d.jpg
Loved that build and love that bike!

Luke.

Hombre was sold and given as a wedding gift. Polished stainless tank panels cut with water jet, hand painted and striped with bride and groom names along with wedding date. They were from Milwaukee and the bike was a '54, so I found the perfect liscense plate for it.
20150701_133350-1.jpg

20150701_131717.jpg

Build off pic.
20140731_122647-1 (1).jpg

Here's a before and after collage.
20160119_215601.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a cool update on the K2A (Kid to Adult) mod I did for the $0 Buildoff, it was back in April I believe
Fun little buildoff where I took a Next BMX 20" and modded it a bit to go up to a 24"
Man, I'm getting a lot of mileage out of that little cheapo frame.
then:
26144251740_0000b6366e_c.jpg

So yesterday... got tired of moving it around, and really, what else are you going to do with it?
So...stripped it down, cut it, extended here and there, just letting it flow in a new direction wherever it goes ;)
Back to a 20" bike..but with a twist.

today:
27866624475_0887a37319_o.png

neat huh?
franco

Latest posts

Back