Need help with a recent find... Its a 30s Aerocycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm way over my head here, and I have no clue if its 100% complete god knows what else. I know its missing a horn...

Please help! I def wish to sell it, but at same time dont want to get ripped off. I didn't clean much at all on it, figuring I should keep it way I found it...

2yv4as7.jpg

I honestly don't know anything about value on one of these, but awesome score?

Only recent price i could find was 2014, and went for $9400.... :shrug: I looked everywhere and cannot find a black example like this...

Score indeed :thumbsup:

I am definitely interested in buying it, funny you even posted this. My grandpa came over to inspect my bike collection the other day and said he had that bike as a kid and thought he was real hot stuff on it. Googled up images until he found one. Im in the same boat as you, want to buy but dont want to be screwed or screw anyone else. i tried to look at ones for sale but couldnt find any, ill do some research, in the mean time if you come up with a number let me know, Id love to see the old mans face when I pulled in with that on my rack :D

Last edited:
That bike is a HUGE score. From that picture it is tough to tell the value, but I can tell you that one is a couple thousand bike in value, not a couple hundred. In nice condition with a few accessories, it will be worth even more.

I would post the bike over on The Cabe, it is a website that has guys that collect the early balloon bikes, and those guys will give you a good indication on value. Try the owner of the site Scott, sm2501, he will be super helpful.

Congratulations! Great find there!

Btw dunno why the lighting made it look all rusty... other then 2 spots where it was hung up there's barely any rust... its just grime/patina. Sadly all the chrome is dull.

TY about the advice on the cabe. I wasnt sure, im not new to bikes, and i seen the thread here about one. Figured it be a good starting point!

And you are right, don't clean it, leave it as you found it if you are selling it. Good luck!

He is right about Scott at the cabe, I am a member there as well and just got a Roadmaster cycle truck from him Via fed ex today! Super easy guy to deal with and just as knowledgeable it seems. This will be interesting!

Chrome was pretty new at that time, sometimes you could literally polish it right off of the underlying nickel. Alternately, someone may have shot over corrosion with "Chrome in a can", either way it's probably best left alone.

I would be little leery about starting a thread over on the Cabe, simply because you will get SWAMPED with messages! Simply put, this is a Holy Grail bike, especially for Schwinn collectors. Though yours looks to have been repainted at some point in the past, it is still a mega desirable bike and the right person will step up for it.

Interesting that I do not seem to find a black Aerocycle and paint of the fenders look like a different scheme. I wonder if this has been repainted.

Wow! That's crazy. You are talking $1,000s for sure. I don't think I've actually seen one for sale ever. Ive never seen a black one either it's probably been repainted. I'd definitely post it over on the cabe and get some opinions.

Latest posts

Back