My 26" 3 Bar Looptail Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Some of you may know the story on these frames. Purchased from the Emory warehouse in Jacksonville, FL where they have sat untouched for the last 20+ years. Before that they were made for a bike shop in Gainesville, FL called The Bike Route. I've sold a few of these to members on RRB. I wanted to chronicle my build up in the build forum. My build is going to be a Strandie/Cali BMX Cruiser type of build.

Here's my frame when I got it from Emory:
emory1_zpsfojityni.jpeg

The frame is now at the powdercoat shop. I had him remove the chainguard mounting tabs. Here's a look at the frame post sandblasting:
0528161142_zpsy8lkbad2.jpg

0528161142a_zpsbjusgo5l.jpg

Chainring setup:
56517386-1666-4C7D-8AED-9384D43D143A_zpsuhh6thoh.jpg

I've slowly been amassing parts for my build. Here's what's going to go on the bike:
26" Araya 7x Polished (thanks Araya51)
26x1.75 Kenda Compe 3 Type whitewall tires
Redline NOS midschool hubs
Redline Flight 175mm Chrome 3pc Cranks
MCS Chainwheel w/ Neptune Spider
Dia Compe Brakes
Dawes Sporty Spring Saddle
XLC Micro adjust Seat Post
Al's Rapid Transit KOS Style Bars
Nitto MX-7 Stem
Origin8 Headset
Akisu NOS Cro-mo Chrome Forks

Hopefully, I'll be able to complete the bike over the next two weeks. I'm dependent on my LBS lacing my wheels and when the powdercoat shop will have the frame done.

Any updates on this build? I'm still gathering parts for mine.... basic color scheme will be black/chrome/gold-ano.....

Last edited:
Not yet, my build has stalled because I've been so busy with work. I have most of my parts collected and I had my wheels built. Here's a few pics of the wheels built up. They are Redline hubs with polished Araya 7x's, black spokes. Tires are Duro 26x1.75 whitewalls. They are a little skinny for my tastes but I really didn't want to use anything over 2" wide. There's no options for a 26 whitewall BMX tire between 1.95" and 2.125" wide.
File_003_zpsklmiapsl.jpeg
File_002_zpsjkttjz1c.jpeg
File_001_zpsqinckljw.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back