Oberleutnant - the fall of the Third Reich [FINISHED]

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a few more items to put on the final bike: gun holster and a old gas mask box (mid war era).
IMG (25).jpg
IMG (26).jpg

In that phase I was lookin for the right spot for the box, but finally it found her place under the seat (otherwise it would get in the way while pedalling).

Everything was set in place, so it was time to put the bike apart:
IMG (27).jpg

It wasn't my fault, I was left unsupervised! :)
IMG (28).jpg

Stripp everything to bare metal, starting with the frame..
IMG (29).jpg

...and then all the other parts as well.
IMG (30).jpg

And then put it in metal base coat:
IMG (31).jpg

IMG (32).jpg

And it has been painted.

IMG (33).jpg

IMG (34).jpg

IMG (35).jpg

IMG (37).jpg

I can say I'm pretty happy with the paint job, considering it's my own work and I'm a total amateur on that matter; even my painting equipment is on DIY entry level; I hope I will get better with time, but for now I think it's rather ok (far from good, to be honest).

And an hour later...it stands alone.

IMG (38).jpg

You gotta have a front light, so let's put on the main idea of the bike-the light. :)

IMG (39).jpg

IMG (40).jpg

IMG (42).jpg

IMG (44).jpg

Brake levers are inverted, of course; I couldn't find a match in original motorcycle levers, so I used brake levers for triathlon bikes.
IMG (43).jpg

It's almost done, but there is one more big thing to do....all by myself.
IMG (45).jpg

Pinstriping gave me so much trouble that I completly forgot to sleep or eat for 24 straight hours, but I did it.

As I said on the beginning, friend called me to be part of a street art exhibition on July 9th.
On the night of July 8th, bike wasn't yet finished, so I burned the midnight oil.
In the morning, wne we were packing to go I wasn't sure if the paint is completly dry on few hidden areas of the bike.

So here we go; three on the trailer, two in my car and one in the trunk of the car with the trailer.
IMG (46).jpg

My initial setup at the exibition
IMG (47).jpg
IMG (48).jpg

But then in the afternoon I moved everything to a better location. :)

13626502_1739109843009693_3228316740565167091_n.jpg

During the day I took Ober for it's first real ride
IMG (49).jpg

And here they are..my big boys.
IMG (50).jpg

I believe that now is the time to go to finished bikes forum...you can find final Oberleutnant pics there. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back