Oberleutnant

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You can find the build here.
My voting photo:

P1018174.JPG

Sorry for no fountain pic, but I believe this will do.
I would just want to ephasize that my pictures aren't filtered, photoshoped or edited in any way; what came out of my amateur camera that you can see here.

Here are some others, to get a better look of the bike:
P1018174.JPG

P1018176.JPG

P1018178.JPG

P1018180.JPG

P1018182.JPG

P1018185.JPG

IMG (41).jpg

Later on I found a sticker for the rear can, and I ordered a Retrolution cycles logo to go on the right side of the tank.

This is the Oberleutnant...thank you for your votes! :)

Attachments

• P1018175.JPG
    P1018175.JPG
    479.1 KB · Views: 248
That turned out excellent...great job!

I really like the shifter mounting...so simple, but looks like it was made to be mounted that way. I would never have expected the cool vintage vibe from the frame you started with.

Jason

Cool bike looks very vintage but a closer look reviles may new & moder parts . Like that shifter too .
Great job

Sweet you did that fast, nailed vibe of a ww2 german motorcycle :113:

Thanks a lot; I was going for that vintage look and I believe I got it; main inspiration was the original (I think BMW motorcycle lamp), and the story wraps around that light.

But whats most important, like in other builds, I really learned a lot doing this one; and all those things can/will be used in my future builds.

Going through other BO bikes, I see that I forgot to mention that on Ober only the tires and the brake levers are bought new; everything else is either made from scratch or found/bought at flea markets around the country and then customised to fit the new purpose.
Even the bike it was made from was acquired on the salvage yard, so even though it looks new and shiny now, it has pretty ratty bloodstream. :)

WOW!
I am definitely going to have to go back and catch up on your build thread.
This came out awesome brother!!
The tank has a bit of a Shelby Airflow vibe and the rest of the bike just works.
Great doodads and styling that just all work together so well.
I'm impressed my friend.
CONGRATS on an awesome build!

Latest posts

Back