Search results

1. David Cooksey

BO15 Nouveau Style (previously Shop-rod)

That's it for today. And probably for a week or so.
  2. David Cooksey

I put a little shape in it with the English wheel and welded the first side in. Loosely fitted I still haven't worked out how I will attach it to the mudguard stays... Ooo I've just thought of a way as I was typing this! Lol
  3. David Cooksey

I was going to do something like this (a card mock up) But I think that it will look better if the quadrant was filled in completely, the the drip put over the black. I think it will balance the rear of the bike better. Any thoughts?
  4. David Cooksey

So that's the mudguard done? Well, it's me. Do I make things easy for myself? Of course it's not done! About half way there......
  5. David Cooksey

Hmmmmm since I have no space for the mudguard to fit between the forks, I can go my own way......
  6. David Cooksey

Then after a little smoothing with the Slapper and a suitably shaped Dolly, and a little sanding... Getting there. I'm using the original mudguard mounting rods and fixings so they have had a cleanup.
  7. David Cooksey

I've decided to make a mudguard. Starting with a piece of aluminium And a cup of tea! This was bent round a pipe. It needed a bit of "persuasion" with "The Slapper" (a length of a car leaf spring carefully shaped and profiled.) Then the edges are pinched in the shrinker This pulls the...
  8. David Cooksey

I've welded a bit on to the kick stand so the the angle is better. And, I've decided to make a front mudguard. Obviously the original won't fit anymore! The bigger wheels and tyres mean that there is no room between the forks. So I'm making one that starts at the back of the fork and drops...
  9. David Cooksey

Build Off 15 Prize Pool

OK, here we have my prize donation for the first place in class 2. Its a wall clock! Top is the hour hand, below the minutes hand. Brass rings held in place with copper solid rivets. Aluminium outer frame Clock face made from rusty steel plate. That's genuine english rust by the way! I had...
  10. David Cooksey

What do you think about a front mudguard? Does it need one? A friend of mine (hi Ernie!) has suggested it does. What do you think?
  11. David Cooksey

Black and orange, classic combination!
  12. David Cooksey

And I better not forget to fit the steering lock cover!
  13. David Cooksey

A few more details to do, but it's getting there. I still need to do the leather inside the panniers and I'm going to put some of the orange onto the seat post. That way it will link up each side. Oh and wire the front light. The kick stand does need a little attention as the bike is a...
  14. David Cooksey

BO15 Radarlux Space-Cadet

Really looking forward to seeing this all prepped ready for paint...... Almost as much as you are!
  15. David Cooksey

BO15 Splinter (or how I learned to love a LOT of sanding)

Incredible vision and execution. Top work!
  16. David Cooksey

BO15 Cyrus the Virus

Really nice build. Engineering and art fused (welded?) together
  17. David Cooksey

Build Off 15 Prize Pool

Spent a little time on the prize for class 2 winner yesterday. Its almost ready, just waiting for some copper solid rivets to turn up.....
  18. David Cooksey

It's adhesive backed. There were several grades available, I chose the most expensive and it has paid off. It's really nice stuff to work with. I'm so glad I went this route and didn't try and paint the "drips"