Search results

1. deven_science

1st Tall Bike.

Awesome.
  2. deven_science

Off on another tangent.... BSA custom long lean Path Racer "The Archduke" that turns into an Art Deco Roadster!!

Build is looking outstanding, and that chainless has some amazing adjustable bars on it.
  3. deven_science

1945 Huffman "Colt 45"

Cool build.
  4. deven_science

Alchemist Custom Bicycles Gallery

I glued in some felt as a liner. Here's a new one I made, with a nod to the trucker's cap.
  5. deven_science

This is my attempt to make something a little more refined. I made this industrial lamp out of upcycled pieces. You can open the clam shell to get as much light as is desired. Materials include: old work drop light, unknown piece of machinery, a few old European coins drilled out as washers, a...
  6. deven_science

Side-by-side social tandem, made from two Basman frames that I altered into his-and-hers before joining them together.
  7. deven_science

RAT / ROD MODEL KIT BASH CHALLENGE

Mini-Studebaker Quad Got the body all glued together, shortened the axles to put the wheels under it, and even narrowed the bumpers, and glued them on. I had to cut apart the rear, and re-glue it to work, but that allowed me to get rid of some of the JB Weld that was visible (not that it...
  8. deven_science

Mini-Studebaker Quad Started to glue together the four quarter panel pieces. I used JB Weld for the first one, but then my wife found some glass/smooth surface glue that she had, and that seems to be working pretty well. It's much cleaner looking, as well. One side is very tweaked, so I might...
  9. deven_science

It is one of those old promo kits.
  10. deven_science

Mini-Studebaker Quad Chopped up the Studebaker model to match how I cut up the full-scale version. Not sure how I'll be attaching the pieces together? Maybe JB Weld.
  11. deven_science

Scruples

I think those drops that are spread apart would be okay, but if you have a vice, I'd try to squeeze them back closer together again.
  12. deven_science

BO15 32" Motorbike

Here's the 36" bike that I built a handful of years ago:
  13. deven_science

Scruples

I file drops all the time. It's all just old steel, and giving it new life and using is better than "preserving it" and never using it for which it was made. To be ridden. Just my opinion.
  14. deven_science

Mini-Studebaker Quad Okay, so, here's the idea I've had rolling around for a while. As some might remember, I took an old roached out 1959 Studebaker Lark that had been rotting in a field for decades, with like a tree on it or something, and chopped and sectioned until I had a one-person pedal...
  15. deven_science

Wait... while I don't do models, I do have a model project that I barely started many moons ago, but abandoned. It maybe could be adapted for this build. If I can even find the pieces.
  16. deven_science

Hate to be the guy with a nitpicking question as to the rules, but does a model have to be involved in the build, or could the whole thing be scratch built? I would of course use scrap pieces, odds and ends, etc., but no model kits would be involved.
  17. deven_science

BO15 32" Motorbike

Here's the unofficial past-the-deadline photos with the pin striping done.
  18. deven_science

Raydarlux Space Cadet

Beautiful results. Great job.
  19. deven_science

BO15 32" Motorbike

Didn't end up with enough time before the end of the build off. Will get the striping done in the future.
  20. deven_science

32" Motorbike

Here she is in all her bare metal glory. The 32" Motorbike. I took a picture of a 1940s Schwinn motorbike, blew it up, and built this around a 32" wheel set. The frame, tank, chain guard, rear rack, drop stand, and truss rods were all built from scratch. The bars, fenders, and forks were...