Search results

1. Wildcat

Ratty Patty

I'm in! This just what I was looking for to use my 26 x 3 inch tires. I laid some stuff out a week or two ago to see if it looked feasible. With big whitewalls and a bare metal patina frame (at least the front part) I think this will make a great stretch ratty fat bike. Ratty Patty. My pile of...
  2. Wildcat

KeyTownCruisers (KTC) videos

Here's a whole bunch of great bikes!
  3. Wildcat

Explanation needed

The engineer of this bike path needs to engineer up a sign to let us know how this works. :39:
  4. Wildcat

NOS LWB HPV

I haven't used so many contractions since I was in the Air Force years ago. This is a frame discarded when a bike shop folded about 5 or 6 years ago. All the unsold new frames and other stuff went to the scrap heap. Over here in the Philippines, that's a big warehouse area with tons and tons of...
  5. Wildcat

More NOS frames from the dump.

I suspected the chrome frame I picked from the dump last month was never sold and I got confirmation today. As I picked up my wheel from the bike shop, I told them I finally found a big frame, and it was at the dump but never used. The shop owner said it must have been from his brother in law's...
  6. Wildcat

Chrome Molly

I picked this up from a dump here in the Philippines. From a dump in a third world country, a NOS chromoly MTB frame. I repaired the dents in the head tube and checked it closely. It had never been a whole bike, it was an unused frame! I wore out a brass brush cleaning it up. It cleaned up...
  7. Wildcat

Beauty and the Beast

I picked up two frames from a junkpile yesterday. I had to get a special pass to visit the city so I wasn't going to leave empty handed. There were more frames there but these two looked the best. Ten bucks and I had them in the trunk. The chrome one is large, a 21 inch frame, just my size. It...
  8. Wildcat

spoke sizes

Travel between towns has been severley restricted, so I have tons of free time. I will learn how to lace a wheel. The vids on youtube look easy enough. My wheels will be 36 hole 3 cross pattern with no dishing. I unlaced a set of 24" wheels off my old bike and will use those for learning. So I...
  9. Wildcat

Ventura City bike

I have my Ventura back again after 3 years. I gave it to my brother in law before I moved away to Hawaii. After sitting for three years, it has been returned to me again. I was expecting a 1959 DNB Folder but it must have looked better than this one, so this is it, a 24 inch ten speed...
  10. Wildcat

Handlebar ID

I have handlebars that were on a 42 Hawthorne, but I'm almost positive they weren't original. I couldn't find any markings. The ads from back then show larger half moon bars on those Victory bikes. I think they might be from a women's bike because of the width, 22 inches, but I'm not sure...
  11. Wildcat

Deal on Surly 26 x 2.75 tires

I ran across this ad and thought about Klunkers. These might be good candidates. https://www.treefortbikes.com/Surly-Dirt-Wizard-26-x-275-120tpi-Tire?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&adpos=&scid=scplp333222393548&sc_intid=333222393548&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuYGt4Z206gIV4gl9Ch1QYQdwEAQYAyABEgLf-PD_BwE
  12. Wildcat

Happy Fourth of July!

Our 244th bday! It's a good day to celebrate! This pic is from my 4th of July ride in 2010 I think. These guys always decked out their beach house for the holidays. Atlantic Beach, Florida.
  13. Wildcat

BO15 4-4-2

I'm in but have no frame yet. I have no idea of what kind of frame, just that it will be an old cruiser style of some kind. I'm moving back to the Philippines and will get a frame as I get settled in. I'm going to visit a shop in Manila that has more old bikes than I ever expected to find...
  14. Wildcat

Modding a cheap springer

I have another cheap springer and want to fit a 3 inch tire, sometime in the near future, this year I hope. Looking at the fork, I wonder if it can be widened by adding bushings (1/2 to 1 inch on either side) to both sides of the crown where the arms attach, using a longer bolt. Then attach the...
  15. Wildcat

26" BMX Too good to be true?

I did a search for a 26" BMX frame and found this ad: Less than 100 bucks shipped? It's a reputable company I believe. I don't have room for a bike but if I did I would look into this...
  16. Wildcat

This might work!

I want a wide rim but don't want to spend big bucks for an 80mm rim. Here's my idea: 1. Get two regular 26" hoops (rims) and put them together (bolt or rivet), so the spoke holes (twice the number as your hub) line up evenly and the valve stem holes are 180 out. Since they are 1.5" each, that...
  17. Wildcat

Dishing for an Original Model Bendix one speed hub

I'm going to try to lace up a wheel using my original model Bendix hub. Does anyone know if it needs to be dished or should all the spokes be equal length?
  18. Wildcat

Beat Coronavirus with Bikes!

In the Philippines, they are considering using bikes as a mode of transportation for health care workers, since regular transportation is very limited. That makes sense, as there aren't usually close quarters when riding a bike, so that takes care of the problem of packing everyone on a bus to...
  19. Wildcat

Fullsize homemade Folder

Has anyone ever seen or made a folding bike from a fullsize 26" cruiser frame. Just cut in the middle with hinges or flanges welded in. What hinges were used and if it actually worked out or ruined the frame. Or if they didn't use hinges of some sort and made a bike that could be bolted...
  20. Wildcat

42 Hawthorne update

I can't leave anything alone. I added a springer and full fenders to my bike along with cruiser bars and lights. It was a BMX style cruiser. Now I'm thinking of running without fenders.