Search results

1. RustyGold

Bowden Spacelander

Local... reproduction? real? :39:
  2. RustyGold

Signature?

Is there a signature field anymore? I've been looking...but I'm not finding :grin: .
  3. RustyGold

RRB member in need of help!

As discussed in the BMX rule discussion page, RRB member @léocwc had all of his tools stole from his workshop. Leo has started a crowd fund for tool replacement...I thought it should be reposted in a more visible forum. leocwc tool fund
  4. RustyGold

Box of Covid delivered today...

Here is the non-descript box...no markings, practically no hint to what lurks inside... ...first peek inside reveals naught... ...so I dig a little deeper, and find my first clue... ...and then, just like that, full on exposure to The Covid... ... CRUISER! I hope I survive...
  5. RustyGold

Seven deadly words list...

So, when did ..... (nice young man from Galilee) get added to the list? @Rat Rod
  6. RustyGold

My Oregon Neighborhood (9/7/20 update)

I aired out some dirty small town Oregon laundry in the 'Plains of Armageddon' and 'Plains of Armageddon II' threads. Now for some of the more palatable pics of my neighborhood :thumbsup:. No bicycle, just bipedal. Standard disclaimer, pics are from a broke cell camera... poor quality. Went...
  7. RustyGold

Plains of Armageddon II

This is the sequel to, 'The Plains of Armageddon' post :grin:. I've haven't been riding since late May. I was supposed to wait until four months after surgery, but, I figure 11wks is close enough :thumbsup: I took the Floval Flyer out to an old mill log pond turned park / wildlife refuge /...
  8. RustyGold

The Plains of Armageddon

So... usually, people try to show their neighborhood in its best light... this is not that kind of tour :confused:. These pics are from a couple years ago. Small town Oregon, in what used to be a timber county...there is still a timber industry, but it is a shadow of what it was. The following...
  9. RustyGold

Recovery recoveries...

I've been in recovery from a surgical procedure the last couple months. I more or less got my driving privelidges back three weeks ago, and my lifting restrictions were raised to 20lbs. I went on a bit of a CL spree from then until I went back to work last week. As far as my wife knows, nothing...
  10. RustyGold

Pics from vintage BMX show, Eugene OR

Pics from show last weekend...
  11. RustyGold

The one (of many) that got away...

Hank Asylum...showed up on CL Wednesday night, after I stopped checking for the day. Didn't see it until ~20hrs later...by the time I had an opportunity to call, it was deleted :doh:.
  12. RustyGold

'83 Murray early Mountain Bike

Saw on local CL...
  13. RustyGold

ISM 0003 - Nu S'cool Rail

'failure to launch, pt. deux too' I remember the first bike I put together as a kid. It was a purple/violet 20" cantilever schwinn with flipped dropbars and a mattress saddle off of a road bike. I believe it would have been the summer before 1st grade (the first (Boise, Idaho) of six schools in...
  14. RustyGold

ISM 0002 - Muscle TRUCK!

I intend to enter pretty much every build off the comes up...and have failed to start every time but once, and failed to finish that one :doh:. So, here is 'failure to launch, pt deux!' ...one of the three is a lock :nod: ... two of three is undecided :39: ... and there is always the...
  15. RustyGold

Oregon Classic and Antique Bicycle Swapmeet, 9/14/19

I'm not affiliated with this event, but, I'll be there. It is essentially the replacement to the Iron Ranch Swapmeet. I don't know why our few meager Oregon events don't get advertised on RRB...but, here it is in case a random PNWer sees it and can attend :grin:. ...as a fringe benefit, museums...
  16. RustyGold

Recent-ish acquisitions...

Couple recent 'finds'. One was free, one wasn't... I'll let y'all decide which is which :grin:. #1…Co-worker texted me this mess he saw at a pick-a-part on labor day weekend... I dropped by that Monday to take a look...and left with this... Looks to be ~'73 Murray built Sears...
  17. RustyGold

Big Ripper

So, we have been having a bunch of construction done at the house the last couple months. As a result, my bike hoards, for the most part, have been consolidated. The unfortunate side effect...the only rideable bike I have access to is a $20 Raleigh Colt. I have a few NIB bikes I've not gotten...
  18. RustyGold

Stale finds !?

Today's archeological expedition. 'Organized' this about a year ago...but, it quickly fell back to chaos again. So, this time I'm pulling the neon out and getting rid of it (it's been in there since ~2000 :doh:) to allow me to come up with a more practical storage solution... ...not fun...
  19. RustyGold

Schwinning?

Herded a flock of Schwinns home today...I shouldn't have, but, well...twin straight bar. I'm not going to say no :grin:. ...and I think I can admit that I've overshot my quota of camelbacks :nod:
  20. RustyGold

Albany (OR) Vintage Bicycle Show & Swap…May 11th

As the flyer says... Vintage Bicycle Show in Albany, OR. Not affiliated in any way, but have participitated the last couple years. It is about 2/5ths vintage BMX and 3/5ths vintage and custom. I plan on doing a swapmeet stall this year :grin:. @Mark Davo