Search results

1. ifitsfreeitsforme

Remember when . . .

crazy to think when I was 12 I'd go off all day long on my Huffy muscle bike (1976 Stars n Stripes) and sometimes be as far away as 8 miles in the next town. We lived in Waterford CT and rode to New London shopping center and New London Mall. We'd be home at dark. How did our parents not...
  2. ifitsfreeitsforme

Phantom Menace (aka, the Layoff Special II)

Ya Matti, a friend says he has a wheel that I gave him years ago. The hoop might be useable. And he knows how to build wheels. Win win. Perhaps. Meantime I’ll work on rest of bike. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. ifitsfreeitsforme

Tear down tonight. I’m unemployed so I have to do this as inexpensively as possible. So I’m going to trim the one pedal to look like other. The rear wheel is the real problem. It was probably run over. It’s potato chipped. I disassembled it. Did my best to make rim flat (it’s not). So...
  4. ifitsfreeitsforme

Having difficulty deciding ‘tween new black knobbies or tan sidewalls. It had tan when new. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. ifitsfreeitsforme

MBBO/BMXBO 2020-2021 RULES - READ FIRST!!!

perhaps they were mimicking their fathers racing cyclocross.
  6. ifitsfreeitsforme

BMX Bratz bike

uh, that was quick. nice.
  7. ifitsfreeitsforme

Into The Silence

there's a lot going on here. I think.
  8. ifitsfreeitsforme

I'm testing a theory. The theory is if I start a thread here in the B.O., I might actually fix up the bmx bike I bought last night.
  9. ifitsfreeitsforme

Maybe I should join bmx bo

a little more research confirmed it was produced on September 7th, 1990 as a 1991 model (matches picture in 1991 catalog). Pretty cool what four numbers can tell you. there is also a useless number on the bb shell, but no number on the rear drops. I'm just going to clean it up and ride...
  10. ifitsfreeitsforme

the head badge reads "2500". 250th day of the year 2000, correct? or 1990?
  11. ifitsfreeitsforme

I bought this tonight. I wanted something to ride around driveway with the kids. I like these long frames. Anyone know what year it is? MV001410 is stamped in the bb shell. I had no luck researching it. I’m guessing early 90s? The rear FEMCO rim is bent. So much that I can’t true it. Might...
  12. ifitsfreeitsforme

Araya Faux-Class Wheels

wow, that's some nice work. You are patient and thorough. Very admirable.
  13. ifitsfreeitsforme

Just 75,000 more posts...

I am thankful that JB Weld was mentioned in this thread.
  14. ifitsfreeitsforme

RatRod skateboard!

wicked.
  15. ifitsfreeitsforme

REDUCED Worksman wheel set for sale.

that is the coolest wheelset and a bargain. wish i had a bike to put them on.
  16. ifitsfreeitsforme

Roller work out in the cabin

back in the day (80s), I owned our club's 2 mile TT and one hour TT on rollers. I had a machine shop chop and re-thread a set of Ofmega cranks to 145mm so I could spin ultra fast. Good times. I used 53x12 gearing.
  17. ifitsfreeitsforme

Felt Torch Chopper

in the 80s when we raced we pronounced Sakae "shakey". heh heh
  18. ifitsfreeitsforme

Felt Torch Chopper

wow, that Bridgestone crank. That's fantastic. And pretty rare I'm thinking.
  19. ifitsfreeitsforme

Sportmaster

this is sweet.