Search results

1. Just Jeff

Selling/Trading During the Pandemic

I bought a new project this past weekend. We both had masks on and no handshake. Just handed over my money and loaded up the new bike. Easy.
  2. Just Jeff

Blue bikes.

3. Just Jeff

Blue bikes.

4. Just Jeff

A few of my bikes.

Yeah, the Quad isn’t much fun to ride anymore either. Probably time to let it go before I decide to start jumping it again :p
  5. Just Jeff

A few of my bikes.

Newest acquisition is a 1942 Schwinn New World. Only war time blackout parts found on it were the bottom bracket bearing cups. Some light cleaning, greasing of bearings, new tires, and a fun ornament for it. It’s a great rider!
  6. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

I wish I had bought the other two badges the seller had that day! Oh well, he swears he will will make a new batch sometime in the near future, so maybe I can grab one or ten at that time! Lol
  7. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

I thought about making a set, but I’ll just wait to find a set. It’s hard to beat 80 years of built up crust and patina on an original set ;)
  8. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

And that’s how the bike sits today. The only thing left to do is find the correct truss rods for the forks, but they seem to be made of unobtanium right now
  9. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

Then I just had to slap it on the bike and decide how short to make it. For the record it was pretty short ;)
  10. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

On to the front fender!
  11. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

But I can never leave well enough alone, so I decided it needed some fenders. Rooster tails of water up my back while on some of the rides was getting old. I had a couple front postwar deep Schwinn front fenders laying around. Both were damaged on the fronts. So why not bob them for that sweet...
  12. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

The bike was a great rider in this form and I logged a few hundred miles on it.
  13. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

At this point I finally found the correct length prewar Schwinn cranks with just the right amount of “patina” So off with the CWC cranks and sprocket and on with the Schwinn parts!
  14. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

I’m very fortunate that my work allows me to play with my bikes after work and when I’ve got some free time ;)
  15. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

After living with the cream tire for a little while by now, I wasn’t happy with them. I really like the clay tires more than I did the cream. So clay tires back on the bike it is
  16. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

And then the “new” saddle onto the bike!
  17. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

Time to get a better seat. I had a crusty old Troxel with a crash guard laying around that needed a new seat cover. I had some leather laying around and decided to give it a go and redo it myself. No before pics, but here it is after getting cleaned up and redone. For my first try it came out...
  18. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

Next up was a different set of handlebars. Really love these reverse bent tillers! Such a comfortable bar position. And a longer seat post was installed too. After that I finally installed the cream tires.
  19. Just Jeff

It started with a badge

Then I made some time to fix the chrome truss fork finally. Thank you middleweight donor fork for the perfect threaded repair piece!