Search results

1. Bike from the Dead

Montgomery Ward Hawthorne parts and handlebars for sale/trade

Up for sale or trade are some of the original parts from my 1950 Snyder-build Montgomery Ward/Hawthorne Dumpster Diamond and a couple other parts and pieces. Among them are the original skip tooth sprocket, the original crank arm and hardware, the original seat, the original 26" wheel and tire...
  2. Bike from the Dead

Montgomery Ward Hawthorne parts and handlebars for sale/trade

Up for sale or trade are some of the original parts from my 1950 Snyder-build Montgomery Ward/Hawthorne Dumpster Diamond and a couple other parts and pieces. Among them are the original skip tooth sprocket, the original crank arm and hardware, the original seat, the original 26" wheel and tire...
  3. Bike from the Dead

Found: matching pair of 24" x 2.125" black tires

Looking for a pair of 24" x 2.125" tires, preferably black with no white walls, but I'm open to all options. None of the local bike shops have any in stock right now, and while I've seen a few different options on eBay and Amazon, I've grown a bit more... skeptical of buying from either site...
  4. Bike from the Dead

Big Used and Vintage Bike Sale in Kansas City on Saturday

https://seks.craigslist.org/bik/d/kansas-city-used-and-vintage-bike-sale/7261143961.html Saw this ad for a good-sized used and vintage bike sale over in Kansas City on Craigslist. I'd go myself if it weren't for the long drive and my own limited funds. Hopefully someone here will find something...
  5. Bike from the Dead

Trying to find the thread on the bike shown in the header of the website.

Title sums it up. I'm trying to find the origin of the... I believe it's a Schwinn double straight bar, with a vinyl tank and a springer fork made out of what appears to be 2 regular Schwinn forks. I was hoping to see how the springer fork was put together. Any and all help is greatly...
  6. Bike from the Dead

PROJECT QUICK CHANGE - SUBJECT: Schwinn Dixie. CURRENT BUILD: Muscle Bike.

Well, since I decided to put Poison Apple on hold until I can save up the funds to do it right, I've decided to fix up the very bike that got me into this hobby all the way back in March of 2018, my 1950/1951 Schwinn DX bike, PROJECT QUICK CHANGE - SUBJECT: Schwinn Dixie. I won this bike at an...
  7. Bike from the Dead

(PENDING) WTB: Mattel V-rroom toy bike motor or similar

Looking to buy a Mattel V-rroom bike motor, or even better, a Sears Hot Rod Twin Fire bike motor, or something similar. I'd prefer to have a working example, but I may take a non-functional one if the price is right. Doesn't need to have the stickers, but would be nice. Need shipped to Broken...
  8. Bike from the Dead

Need information on V-RROOM! bicycle engines

Does anyone here have any information about these Mattel V-RROOM! and Sears Hot Rod bike motors? I'm thinking of getting one for my MBBO trike, but I need to know a few things first, mainly the dimensions, and what I might expect to pay for one of these.
  9. Bike from the Dead

Huffy "Black Magic" Muscle Bike

Saw this bad boy posted in Yukon, Oklahoma for $500. Can't say I've heard of this bike before (still new to the hobby though,) and I don't know if $500 is fair or not, but it sure looks cool! You can find it here.
  10. Bike from the Dead

Does anyone here have a Mongoose Dozer 26" x 4" bike? I need to figure something out...

I've found a fat tire bike donor for my MBBO Trike, but I need to know if the sprocket for the coaster brake is small enough to fit next to the axle sprocket on my trike conversion piece before I decide to buy it.
  11. Bike from the Dead

POISON APPLE: '79 Schwinn Fair Lady Trike

Well, this was a complete surprise to me, but it looks like I'm going to enter my first Muscle Bike Build Off this year too! I just got this 1979 Schwinn Fair Lady and the 2 mountain/road/track/idk bikes sitting behind it for FREE off of Facebook Marketplace earlier this afternoon! I can't say I...
  12. Bike from the Dead

Should I go for it, or just let it sell?

Well, I wasn't planning on entering the Muscle Bike Build Off this year, as I didn't have anything that'd work for the competition. That all changed just a few hours ago, when I found these 3 bikes for FREE on Facebook Marketplace! 1 of the 2 Mountain/Road/Track bikes are probably going to be...
  13. Bike from the Dead

[FOUND] Schwinn Town & Country Tri Wheeler-style conversion rear end

Looking to buy or trade for a 1960s/1970s Schwinn Town & Country Tri Wheeler conversion rear axle, or something similar. I bought this trike thinking I could use the conversion rear end for a custom trike build I want to do, but it won't work, as it requires a set of regular bike hubs and wheels...
  14. Bike from the Dead

(WITHDRAWN) Rat Rod Spaceliner Trike "The Trashliner Trike"

Ad withdrawn. The Trashliner Trike's getting parted out for my entry into the MBBO! Up for sale is a 1950s/1960s Sears or Murray Space/Flightliner girl's bike that has been converted into a rat rod trike. I bought this thing (as-is) a few weeks ago with the intent to part it out for some of my...
  15. Bike from the Dead

Selling/Trading During the Pandemic

Hey guys, I've been having second thoughts regarding buying/selling/trading while there's still a pandemic going on. I know I withdrew all my ads on here, The CABE, and craigslist all the way back in March, but I've still occasionally gone out and bought stuff for my projects, and I even...
  16. Bike from the Dead

1987 Planters Limited Edition Team Cycle Curb Cruiser Scooter I.D. and Value

Hi guys. My dad pulled this unopened scooter out of the attic a few days ago, as we're preparing to have a garage sale soon, and this wasn't anything we planned on keeping. According to the box, it's a 1987 Cycle Products Company/Team Cycle Curb Cruiser Scooter, specifically a Planters (as in...
  17. Bike from the Dead

Has anyone made a trike out of a Sears Flightliner/Spaceliner bike?

Well, ever since I chose to put a hold on selling/trading my stash of unused bike stuff, I've decided to have fun with the stuff I previously had no interest in. I already took the bent up Hawthorne frame I had planned to get rid of and turned it into a keeper, but now I'm debating on what to do...
  18. Bike from the Dead

Save them before they go to the scrapyard!

Saw this ad on Craigslist for some "free scrap." If you live anywhere near Kansas City, now would be a good opportunity to save some bikes from the scrapyard. https://kansascity.craigslist.org/zip/d/kansas-city-scrap-metal-on-curb/7196138658.html
  19. Bike from the Dead

In regards to next year's RRBBO...

Are we allowed to redo bikes we built in prior Build Offs? I wanted to do a whole lot more to my bike, Dumpster Diamond, but due to a variety of issues, I had to scale back my plans for this bike. Now that I know what I really want to do with this bike, I was wondering if I could revisit this...
  20. Bike from the Dead

"You have insufficient privileges to reply here"

Anyone else have "insufficient privileges" to reply to the finished Build-Off build threads, or is that just me? Why am I getting this message, why don't I have the privileges to reply to everyone else's completed RRBBO15 threads including my own, and what can I do to earn said privileges to...