Search results

1. E

Straightbar stylin'

So I took the '62 out on its "maiden" voyage tonight. Was gonna go full BMX w 3 piece alloy cranks, polished alum wheels, etc, but I think I really this configuration...just a cool, solid cruiser.
  2. E

62 Typhoon wheel set, original condition

62 Typhoon wheelset, white w black pinstripe, perfectly straight, little rusty, but not bad for 58 years old. Both wheels spin nice and straight, and coaster brake works as it should. Comes with 2 brand new s-7 small brick whitewall tires. Trade for vintage bmx cruiser stuff, (bars, goose neck...
  3. E

So I have this brilliant idea...

Im sure its probably been thought of before, but it it literally just hit me as I was looking at picture of a bike called "devilwing". The name of the bike was below the photo of the bike in a cool, artistic font...same as they do in car mags...then it hit me. What would it take to turn RRB into...
  4. E

The true value of this hobby...

So this little post is nothing more than to feed the need of the somewhat narcissistic "writer" that is buried deep within the guise of an old, ex BMX racer who still loves bikes and thinks what he has to say is of any importance amongst a sea of like minded individuals. I know it sounds odd...
  5. E

HELP!!! EASY OFF RUINED MY ALLOY RIMS!!!

So, here's the long and short of it. Bought a Jamis BOSS cruiser w beautiful blue anodized rims. Went to clean them w a little polish and it ate right through the 35 year old anodize.:envy::envy::envy::20::20::20::headbang:So at that point, made the decision to remove all the color...such a...
  6. E

So I did it again...

I didn't need it. I kinda wanted it. Now I have it. Another offerup earth cruiser for $80. Halfway through the clean up. So far, pretty good. Have no idea what Im gonna do w it...except maybe put the forks on Nanner slap...
  7. E

Bikes & salads are healthy. (Tried to make it relevant to the forum...) Lets hear your best (uncommon) salad ingredients...to stay in riding shape

Mine would be sliced almonds, blueberries and roasted red peppers. Post pics!!!
  8. E

Can I get a couple of opinions on the Jamis earth cruiser?

I found a clean one on CL for $75
  9. E

So im using the new word I recently learned in a sentence...

Word: "BOMBER" Use in a sentence: So I took the "BOMBER" out for a cruise of Lido today....the view never gets old
  10. E

Adding to the confusion...

So ive been in this hobby for many many years. I know the terms "Klunker", & "Strandie" and the debate over what makes which one which...But I was thrown for a loop this AM when I read a term I have never heard of before this morning: "BOMBER". Just when you think it safe to go back in the water...
  11. E

Any headset experts out there?

So on my Kamehameha build, I put landing gear forks (1" threaded) on a 52 Schwinn Excelsior, 26" cruiser frame. I used an aftermarket headset I had laying around but it is not correct. Its either too loose or tight and wont stay put. I bought the frame off Ebay and it came w no headset. So a...
  12. E

So I was bored pt:2

So as promised, the new...yawn.. bars on my 54 Vette "pseudo" board tracker. Sorry...felt like I was gonna doze off lookin at the pics.
  13. E

True value of vintage parts (Just an observation)

So Im sure it comes as no shock to anyone here that prices for cool old parts has kinda spiraled outta control, but I cant figure out why. Those who are into this hobby know, for the most part, what these parts are worth and are not going to pay $700 for a double clamp redline stem from the 80s...
  14. E

RIP EVH

I cant help but be sad after hearing that such huge part of my youth died yesterday. Working on bikes in my garage with all my friends crankin "women and children first" (got that album for my 16th bday!) living for Wednesday and Friday nights to go race @ the Orange "Y". My life was bikes...
  15. E

photo-yuk-et

Hi Everybody. So is there a way we can post pics that don't have the big "photo bucket" strip across them? I understand that is primarily used for copyright infringement, but it kinda defeats the purpose of a "show me" type of site such as this one. IMO, so much is lost behind that diffused...
  16. E

so I was bored...

so my 54 Vette 3 speed was just sitting there, minding its own business, being neglected. So I decided to turn it into a "pseudo" board tracker. I did it a while back, but never rode it cuz the front hub was messed up. Well, I fixed it, and now it runs pretty sweet & "smoov". Uncomfortable as...
  17. E

FORKS for 62 Schwinn double straighbar typhoon, 26"

I need forks for this bike, either stock or springer (even better) as long as they fit. Thanks!
  18. E

I SWORE TO MYSELF...

That I would NOT buy any more bikes. Buuuuuuuut, then I saw this on CL for FIFTY BUCKS. See kids? This is why we shouldn't swear. '62 double straight bar Typhoon...HELLJEAH!!!
  19. E

Now THIS is my wheelhouse!!!

These are my favorite style of bikes on the planet, and there are some really nice ones here. Hope y'all like my contributions. So first is my build off bike: "Kamehameha". Second is my '72 Schwinn Skipper 26", and last is my SE racing Blocks Flyer 26er. I'll try to post some better pics tomorrow.
  20. E

Schwinn skip tooth sprocket & crank sell or trade for brooks saddle

Pretty nice shape. A little patina, but not much. Sell for $75 + shipping or trade for brooks saddle. I also have a set of old Schwinn "block" pedals I will throw in too.