Search results

1. ChiknCoop

1966 Liberty Bicycles Cyclone

ok, been slowly putting this one together for a few months. 1966 Liberty Bicycles of Chicago Cycle Supply Company Cyclone model. Still have to rub and polish the original paint out. Trying to identify the fenders, the front bolt up through the bottom of the fork, and the rear looks like it has...
  2. ChiknCoop

restoring metal flake seat cover

no, I haven't tried that. But while i may be able to get the cover off, replacing it would be impossible. Upon closer inspection, the clear coat on the flake is pretty much gone, so its impregnated into the flake itself up on the top. Hard scrubbing will pull flake off, after talking to some of...
  3. ChiknCoop

restoring metal flake seat cover

So I have a Messinger metal flake seat that has a lot of discoloration from probably being in the sun, I've washed it heavily with dawn and water, simple green, treated it with 303 protectant as well. since the vinyl was formed over the seat and can't be removed, I've already cleaned all the...
  4. ChiknCoop

I said I wasn't going to do it, and well I did.

what size spokes / nipples do I need to assemble a the rear wheel? Never done it before. I have the S2 Rim, and a Bendix Red Band coaster hub now.
  5. ChiknCoop

Liberty Cyclone Sissy Bar and Seat

I'll be putting a post together in the next week or so in the muscle bike forum, I'm down to needing a few parts to get it back to year correct.
  6. ChiknCoop

1970 Schwinn Krate parts wanted

Updated: Front fender, Vintage rider quality wanted.
  7. ChiknCoop

Updated: I need the seat only now. Does anyone know if these seats were made by messinger?
  8. ChiknCoop

I think that will work. I've only seen the sissy bar in the pic i have posted or the original advertising.
  9. ChiknCoop

Updated List: 28 Spoke Red Band Bendix Hub Front Fender for 70 Krate
  10. ChiknCoop

I'd thought about that, but since this is my first krate, I wanted it to be as authentic as possible, so I was able to find the right clamp. Since they don't seem to be out there readily available, I'm going to keep an eye out for them at the swaps and garage sales when i come across old bike stuff.
  11. ChiknCoop

WANTED: Looking for a Sissy bar and seat for a Liberty Cyclone. They're a really odd duck. Made by Chicago cycle works for Liberty bicycles used on the cyclone model. Here's a pic of what they look like. Lemme know.
  12. ChiknCoop

The floating clamp is particular to the bikes with the suspension in the sissy bars from what i've been able to find out. They allow the seat to pivot correctly when the suspension is still floating yet clamps to the seat post securely. Most of the high dollar Krate seats have them on Ebay...
  13. ChiknCoop

Looking to buy the following: complete Krate springer forks and front fenders for a 1970 Krate 20" S2 Rim
  14. ChiknCoop

1965-66 Huffy Dragster parts wanted

All I need are the Head Badge and Seat Post stickers now.
  15. ChiknCoop

I have been getting a steady flow of parts in, all correct to 1970, Original seat, although it will have to be recovered, Sissy bar, rear fender, seat clamp, floating clamp, 1970 reflector, 1970 gooseneck, 70 stamped handlebars, vintage red glitter grips. Still on the way is a 70 front wheel and...
  16. ChiknCoop

I ended up finding one on Ebay, expensive but It's mint.
  17. ChiknCoop

So far, I've got the correct bars, grips, seat post, sissy bar, seat post clamp, sissy bar clamps, Q bolts, and a reflector on the way. I'm looking for the top clamp that attaches the seat to the seat post. The floating clamp. Can't seem to find one. Anyone have one?
  18. ChiknCoop

I said to myself I wasn't going to do it, but I did and have caught the bug. It's all you people's fault. Especially @Krash lol. I ended up with this. October 1970 Schwinn Apple Krate. I believe it's a coaster model. Since I'm just moving along slowly with the Dragster, and am waiting for the...
  19. ChiknCoop

First time ever building a bike, completely new to the whole thing, advice and help welcome. Huffy Dragster

Oh yeah, in other news, I was able to pick up a 1966 Liberty Cycles Cyclone with a excellent condition polo seat on it so I can switch the seat out.
  20. ChiknCoop

First time ever building a bike, completely new to the whole thing, advice and help welcome. Huffy Dragster

So I've been a bit busy, but I did do some tear down and a quick wash. Things seem to be cleaning up nice. No answer from that company that had the Duro tires on their website. Probably a drop ship company from the factory. Before I go full repaint on this, I'm going to see how far I can...