Search results

1. JNOACK

MBBO Top 5 winners for 2020/2021

YES!!! It was a good year for completions. Let's recruit for next year and make the muscle bike reign supreme!!! Congrats CRASH. Awesome bikes! And a big shout out to all that participated. Lots of cool wheels will be rolling this spring.
  2. JNOACK

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

Thanks man!!
  3. JNOACK

ANNOUNCEMENT: Deadline extension: March 15th.

Sounds good to me. I wish all the snow would melt and I could get some nice spring pics!! Would love to see the MBBO grow. Lots of great builders out there. How do we get them involved and keep the ones that have joined motivated? Actual prizes???
  4. JNOACK

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

That's a 'HONKIE' bike alarm!
  5. JNOACK

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

Well, I managed to finish 2 this time around. Had a lot of fun with this one. There's enough accessories on there for a few builds. As a kid I always wanted to attach things to my bike. This fulfilled a lot of those childhood fantasies. I hope you like it!
  6. JNOACK

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

Well, it's been done for a while and with the deadline approaching I got the bike out for the photo shoot. A bit snowy in these parts, so I opted for an indoor shoot. I took the bike back to the flea market where I bought the Daido Machine gun. I tried trading that accessory for shifters, but...
  7. JNOACK

Collector looking to buy or trade for muscle bike shifters. Whatchya got??

Still looking.... Have turned up some new shifters to add to my collection.
  8. JNOACK

Off the Rails: 1969 Huffy Goblin

This was a good exercise for me. Got me back into drawing after 20 years. I ordered an extra one to put on the tool box!
  9. JNOACK

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

ACCESSORIES!!! Okay, I'll have to admit - I'm pretty picky about what accessories go on a bike. It's all about balance. I'm a true believer that other than Peewee's bike, you can have too many doo-dads attached to a frame. I'm very careful about what I add, so that the add-ons don't overwhelm...
  10. JNOACK

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

Thanks man!
  11. JNOACK

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

When I get going on one of these builds, the order of operations is somewhat routine, but sometimes I jump around to different parts of the bike with a flurry of creative inventiveness. I messed around with the shifter knob earlier, and I decided to revisit it when I found a random box of old...
  12. JNOACK

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

Okay, this might jump around a bit, but I'm covering 3 things in this post. I had to figure out the caps for the frame, fenders, and the addition of the overload tube!!! Muahahahaha.... There are two style of AMF frames that have the metal caps in the frame with the mutli-coloured peace sign...
  13. JNOACK

CCM CHALLENGER

I had a lot of fun building this one. I figured since CCM build a CHARGER model, why not build a CHALLENGER on the same frame. It ended up being a way different bike than I envisioned at the start, but I'm really happy with the way it turned out. ENjoy!
  14. JNOACK

CCM CHALLENGER

Time to put this one across the finish line. The decals I designed showed up in the mail. Just too bad they didn't get here when I had the bike out in the sun for the photoshoot. We're covered in snow here now, so I'm going to have to get creative with my other build. And.... if I can get a...
  15. JNOACK

Thanks man, I think I have one of those, but I think you're a little high on the asking. I think the high end on one of those would be $40 on a good day, but you never know.
  16. JNOACK

CCM CHALLENGER

After the wheelie bar was complete, all I really had left to do was add brakes, cables, levers, kick stand, shifter and decals. This part isn't a huge amount of work, but I always take my time running my cables and getting things the right length. I hate it when I see a cool bike with cables...
  17. JNOACK

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

I usually leave the decals until the very end of a build, but as soon as I got the chain guard installed I was pumped to design what would go on it. I had a long list of possible names for the bike. Everything from Red Rider, Red Devil, Red Raider, Cherry Blaster, Red Baron, Crimson Clipper and...
  18. JNOACK

Hey guys, I'm addicted to building bikes and collecting parts. I love NOS, but I also like restoring old 60's and 70's shifters. Let me know if you have anything for sale or trade. I do reproductions of many common shifter handles. I might even have something you need.
  19. JNOACK

AMF CHERRY BOMBER

I kinda took a quick detour after I had the seat and sissy bar chosen. Part of the reason I chose the sissy bar was because it had the perfect shape arc at the top for this NOS MacGregor sissy bar pad I had. The sparkle red is a really good match with the seat. This is the first time I've put a...