Search results

1. toro1978

Looking for these Abraham fork spring washers...

Hi guys, it seems that I have misplaced some of the black washers of my Abraham linkage double Springer fork. I missed two of the big ones during assembly and now I only found one. Would anyone have a source for these where they can be ordered? Preferably in Europe?
  2. toro1978

Carcass 2.0

Some might remember this bike from the last BO: It has a 29" tire in the back and 26" in the front. I rode it some and changed the seat and the seat post to make it more rideable. Had to raise the stem too: It needs a front brake in order to be street legal, also reflectors and lights. So I...
  3. toro1978

Felt Torch Chopper

I happened upon a discussion on FB where a fellow from the German group mentioned he had a Torch he would be willing to be deprived of for a fair monetary compensation. So I thought about it for a day or two and since the good gentleman lives just nearby, 25 minutes by train I messaged. (I'd...
  4. toro1978

Carcass

I managed to finish the bike. Unfortunately we have relatively bad weather, so pics won't be spectacular, still better than the indoor shots. So here is the voting pic: This is how it was when I got it: The rear wheel is mine though, for a test fit. General concept before starting...
  5. toro1978

Squeaky drum brake

Guys, what could be the reason for a drum brake to squeak when it is raining? Could it be that it needs fat? If so what do I need? It is a Sachs front hub, I would say it lacks in performance too, regardless of the weather. Any thoughts? I don't know much about drum brakes, apart from opening up...
  6. toro1978

Daily mini build.

This is my daily bike: I took its rear 7 speed wheel for my bo entry, but I still need a daily (I would not want to leave one of my builds on the street unattended. So I have an old 3sp torpedo, but if I don't find the shifter I might just run it in 3rd gear (at the no cable pull position)...
  7. toro1978

BO15 Carcass

Well I am in. I wanted to use some interesting frame, but I will have to go with a generic cruiser frame. I almost got a pg board tracker with a fork, but I don't really like the lines so I passed. It was expensive anyway. I will use this Springer though: I want to have a 28 rear wheel (not...
  8. toro1978

Some thoughts on bikes left behind.

I am riding the train to work every day and I noticed two things. 1. There are a few vehicles only on a parking lot they used to park in the corners of. 2. There is a growing number of weird bikes that are there for 6 weeks already. However I am not sure if I could just take them, not much to...
  9. toro1978

German (or Swiss?) 28" diamond

I went to the city today and had a look at the old bikes our co-op is offering. I was hoping for a diamond frame bike, possibly 28", something simple for the commute to the train station. There was this one: It has a few interesting touches. The front is not very inspiring, long gooseneck...
  10. toro1978

Quick Brick 24x2.125

Guys, does any of know any source for 24x2.125 Quick Brick tires??? Google doesn't find anything and I never even knew they existed.
  11. toro1978

Felt

So, the new project. As some of you have already seen in the Fresh Finds subforum I got a Felt Haribo: Haribo is a candy producer. They make all sorts of candy, but they are most known for the gummy bears, hence that particular paint: They were made to celebrate some Haribo event, probably 90...
  12. toro1978

Felt Haribo

Yay, I am quite happy! I found a Felt Haribo in an wonderful condition in the ebay classifieds. I paid 230 for it, but I consider it a fair price. I could have gotten a Scythe for 215, but as much as I love Felt choppers they are not for me for a number of reasons. I don't own a car currently so...
  13. toro1978

Cool E-bike "trick"

For all the electric bike fans - a friend just sent me a link for the Skoda Klement E-bike. Instead of pedals it has these small floorboards: Pressing them down with your toes make the bike go. So simple it is genius. Basically we could take the thumb throttle, put it in the bottom bracket...
  14. toro1978

The Flying Dutchman

This is the finished bike, I call it The Flying Dutchman, because it is a Dutch bike. A little information on it. A "dutch bike" ("Hollandrad" in german and a "Ladies' Roadster" in english, aka "Omma's Farrad" - Granma's bike) is a type of bike that has a step-through frame, a chainguard that...
  15. toro1978

Fully

I got me a fully for cheap. It is a german built Mifa, steel frame, 26" wheels, single pivot design: The suspension is working ok, even the brakes were still properly adjusted. Gearing not really functioning, rusty or stuck, don't know, don't care. After I discovered IGH I don't want to go back...
  16. toro1978

IGH on a fully?

So I found a full suspension old bike for cheap and would love to replace the wheels - I have a Shimano Nexus (or Inter?) 7 with a coaster brake. Has anyone put an IGH in a fully frame? Can I use the original tensioner (this derailler type) or do I need some other - I assume that the swingarm...
  17. toro1978

Rohloff on a Pedelec???

Hi, guys, this is technically not a "how to" question. I have a friend who would like to build (have built by me or other more capable folks) an e-bike. The base is Specialized demo, the donor bike has a Bosch midmotor and a Rohloff IGH. So I was thinking, isn't this combination an overkill? I...
  18. toro1978

The Flying Dutchman

Ok, I am in too. I found this sweety today: More about it here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/swap-meet-find.108799/#post-1104583 What I will do with it is basically strip it of its fenders, chainguard and rack (which I am not ashamed to admit I will rob for a running...
  19. toro1978

"Swap" meet find.

I went to the swap meet today to try to get some parts. It is more like a bike workshop really where they fix old bikes (with used parts stripped from donated bikes) and sell them for real cheap. It all really depends on who I am dealing with there, sometimes there is this foreign guy who...
  20. toro1978

Chainwheel screws.

So, guys, I have a problem with the chain line with one bike. It has a threaded bottom bracket. I can't seem to find a single offset chainwheel so I plan on using the largest chainwheel from a MTB triple chainwheel crankset - with the hope that it will be further outside. I found the chainwheels...