Search results

1. Kevin B

A Lowly NEXT cruiser

Pulled the crank after church today. Just totally dry of grease and contaminated with sand. Ditto the chain and pedals.
  2. Kevin B

Can you powder coat chrome?

Don't know, I was just thinking how it would look.if possible to do.
  3. Kevin B

Mongoose "Big Daddy" Muscle Bike on EBay?

Wow, I'm glad. I love that place. They probably were closed for the pandemic. Glad he reopened. So many of the places that closed will never reopen.
  4. Kevin B

Wheel Help - I messed up!

Thanks. One thing about RRB, everyone here is very helpful and willing to teach.
  5. Kevin B

A Lowly NEXT cruiser

Compared to some of my heavier bikes it turns with more stability. And that is.on one dry rotted and one bald tire.
  6. Kevin B

A Lowly NEXT cruiser

Found this NEXT 3 speed cruiser at the curb out for the trash. The owner said I could have it. Aired up the back tire and threw a front tire on it. Didn't have a seat post but my Schwinn mountain bike used the same 26.8 post so I could test it. Shifts great. Has some squall and grind to the...
  7. Kevin B

Mongoose "Big Daddy" Muscle Bike on EBay?

Are you sure Garlit's museum closed?
  8. Kevin B

Can you powder coat chrome?

I think you could use a good adhesive translucent gold lacquer like used on stringed instrument finishes and it would look like a gold version of candy apple with incredible depth.
  9. Kevin B

Thank you so much. When I transferred the info from the old tire I didn't know to include 590.
  10. Kevin B

I got a wheel from the trash someone threw away. The tire was shredded and dry rotted. I threw it away after recording info from the tire on a duct tape note on the wheel that reads 26" x 1 3/8". The problem is when I tried to mount a regular 26" cruiser tire 2.125 on the rim the tire was too...
  11. Kevin B

Need a name for this... any suggestions

Actually the Green Hornet's car was a Chrysler Imperial called the "Black Beauty." The stretch frame reminded me of a car like that.
  12. Kevin B

Need a name for this... any suggestions

The Green Hornet
  13. Kevin B

Happy Easter Y’all

He is risen indeed!!
  14. Kevin B

Recommend Marine Grease?

Slightly off topic. I had a tube of white lithium grease in my garage. It gets very hot here in Florida and some kind of separation occurred. Dark amber liquid squeezed out of the tube ahead of the more solid grease. Further it turned more tan than white and was extremely tacky. I had some...
  15. Kevin B

Bikes on bridges

This is on a golf cart path bridge crossing.
  16. Kevin B

Best way to remove BB cups?

I use a large wooden dowel. PVC pipe that's just fits enough to let you tilt it so it will strike the race also works good and doesn't seem to mar the parts.
  17. Kevin B

NOS Dyno Von Franco

Sweet! Great stance.
  18. Kevin B

a beautiful pedal story

Wonderful story, nothing like blessing others.
  19. Kevin B

Reviving Track Racing?

That could take off like the grasscar lawn mower races. Real entry level, hobbies type fun.
  20. Kevin B

Reviving Track Racing?

That is what I was thinking, kind of like a roller derby track, maybe slightly larger. Swampthing's greyhound track idea is great too.