Search results

1. CRASH

AMF Daytona

Modern XL seat is only 21-3/8” long, and the mounting holes are so far forward I don’t think you gain anything. Does anyone make custom laid back posts anymore?
  2. CRASH

AMF Daytona

Got the braces sorted out. After some cutting and drilling to move the mounts in the brace, they will now install behind the sissy clamps. A lot cleaner look. so I mounted the sissy and seat to see what’s what. Found out there is a lip inside the seat tube, I’m guessing to act as a post...
  3. CRASH

AMF Daytona

Apparently they used this frame for a 10 speed, but I don’t know how. To make this Shimano Lark work, I’ve needed to make some modifications. Previously I showed you where I had to grind away a lip so the chain had clearance. Today while mocking things up I’m realizing there isn’t enough...
  4. CRASH

AMF Daytona

Work continued. I got the sissy delivered, which was a huge 6-month step. Before I can mount it, I’m going to get the drive train built so I make sure everything can clear everything else and works together. After some back and forth deliberation, I’m leaning towards these fender braces for...
  5. CRASH

Vintage Huffy Dragster II- is it worth restoring?

Neat find! I’d say ‘64... maybe early ‘65? The serial number will tell the tale. Regardless, to answer your questions: current value: well, it’s complete. And it’s not very common. But in its condition, it’s completely unusable as a rider or display bike. So at an estate sale I’d say $20...
  6. CRASH

BO15 After Victory

I'm not sure what your overall plan with the bike is. Maybe I missed what you said. Are you restoring to post-WWII originality? What's your plan with the paint? My thought: Uncover what stenciling you can and document what they are and how they look. A surplus store may be able to cutout...
  7. CRASH

BO15 Huffy Super Fueler

Some work has been accomplished! I've made progress on probably the most difficult portion of this build... the rear wheel. I'm using this mag And I'm trying to get this cover to fit on both sides. A ton of shaving has been done, and modifications to the wheel. There's nothing...
  8. CRASH

Huffy Dragster XL - 26” Muscle Bike build

Go to the gallery forum and find my thread. Page 3 I think now (until I get my next build on there). It lists all my builds and their build page links. You can see how I did it for all my 26” muscle bikes.
  9. CRASH

I made them by painting on the red lines. The rear tire is a Jerald Slick, which is a smooth square tread. The front is a special 22” tire I had to find.
  10. CRASH

Awesome job! I really dig this! Here's the 26" Huffy I built a few years ago. Same concept!
  11. CRASH

AMF Daytona

Today I modified the brake brace, meaning I cut it wider, cut the mounting tab shorter and adjusted its bend. I also started cutting the fender to fit. So far so good! This is a major weight off my shoulders with this build! Next I have to modify a pair of braces to fit.
  12. CRASH

"Dragst-Her Too"

First (of many) build hiccups was the rear brake. My goal was to go with new, hopefully lighter, parts. But I wanted nice brakes with good stopping power. The problem was placement and reach. The rear needed 85mm of reach? I got a set of Tektro C326. They are reversed for the pull, so I...
  13. CRASH

"Dragst-Her Too"

Resuming this build. It got held up because of the custom sissy bar, but hopefully that will be delivered this week. I would have thrown this in the RRBO, but I can only have one bike in per class. So my new goal is to have it done by her 12th birthday on June 13th. We’ll see if I can make it.
  14. CRASH

AMF Daytona

I immediately ran into this problem: the Jerald slick just doesn’t have the clearance in the brake brace. So I’m going to have to break out the cutter.
  15. CRASH

AMF Daytona

I mounted the wheels for the first time. I love the stance!
  16. CRASH

AMF Daytona

On of the biggest hurdles is the rear fender. In the past for my 26” muscle bikes, I would get a rear fender made by Felt called a “Shorty”, which was a duck tail. But Felt got out of the cruiser market and stopped making parts. So I bought a rear full size fender. It won’t work because it...
  17. CRASH

AMF Daytona

After a 6 month break, I’m back at it. This bike is getting a custom sissy bar, and there were a number of delays in its manufacture, so I just stopped. I was going to throw this bike in the RRBO, but I’m only allowed one. So I’ll just continue in here.
  18. CRASH

BO15 Huffy Super Fueler

When I’m able to slowly get to it. To set myself up for more failure, I’m going to to try to throw two more builds into RRBO, which will document the 6 I currently have going. Lol. I’m not very smart.
  19. CRASH

Felt Shorty 26" rear fender

Felt stopped making and selling cruiser parts, so I'm unable to find a fender for a project I need it for. I'm hoping someone has an unused one I could buy.