Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BeardsandBikes

Horn Tank Wont Horn Tank

You ever get a horn tank and open it up and it looks like it never had batteries in it? Then you buy some fresh D cell batteries and put them in and push the button and nothing. Ok your thinking maybe the batteries are in wrong...so you swith em around and.........drumroll..........nothing....ha...
  2. BeardsandBikes

How to recover a leather seat or not how to recover

I recovered the western flyer's seat yesterday and had enough leather to recover one more seat so I pulled out my wifes original seat from her bf goodrich schwinn and went at it. You will see from the picture that the leather is very thick compared to the recovers Ive seen posted. I am also not...
  3. BeardsandBikes

First attempt of recovering my leather seat....not to shabby

I have been wanting to recover my western flyer super's seat for a bit but didn't have the leather to do it and couldn't find it local but this weekend I picked some up from a shoe repair shop about 60 miles out of town. I had allready decided what thickness of leather I would use after seeing a...
  4. BeardsandBikes

Schwinn Winter Project Dubbed " The Not Sure"

I was going to send this bike to the co-op but after Mitch made a suggestion to work on it during the winter as a project it made sense. I really dont do bike builds persay but I guess Ive been working on them and ratting them out unknowingly for many years so it seems fitting to do something...
  5. BeardsandBikes

AND IN THE RED CORNER

Im originally from Oklahoma City but reside currently in Kansas. Ive been involved with bicycles for the last 30 years from MTB to freestyle, SkateBoarding,BMX,Muscle,and now which seems my only passion other than MTB is Fat Tire Heavy Weight Classics. I also dig a good longboard and a good...
  6. BeardsandBikes

1951 Schwinn Packard

Ok so I bought this awhile back like 4 months ago so I guess its still fresh. It smelt fine and it didn't make me sick so im rolling with it. Heres what the bike looked like when I picked it up. After some additions columbia chain guard 40's Huffman springer
  7. BeardsandBikes

Huffy Byke Womens Dial Your Ride Springer

Here is my new gift to the wife. I will of course just do some cleaning and repacking and leave it as is other than track down a light for the fork. Other than that its complete. A great bike with a monster of a fork to give it that beloved blingading.
  8. BeardsandBikes

1951 Western Flyer

I scored this for $100. Cleaned it up and here it is. Pics after a cleaning and rust removal pb's and new rubber.
  9. BeardsandBikes

Womens Huffy Byke Dial Your Ride Springer

Here is my new gift to the wife. I will of course just do some cleaning and repacking and leave it as is other than track down a light for the fork. Other than that its complete. A great bike with a monster of a fork to give it that beloved blingading.
  10. BeardsandBikes

1951 Schwinn Packard Custom

I have added a Huffman springer fork and a 40's columbia chainguard. Unfortunately the bike was attacked by the rattle can so I will eventually blast it and flat black it. It a project I'm taking slow and will keep me busy for winter. I still have to get a seat and decide on bars ect....no...
  11. BeardsandBikes

1951 Western Flyer Super

Pics after a cleaning and rust removal pb's and new rubber.
Back