Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SailorMac

American Idiot (Glenstyle Stem/Bratstyle Bars & Seat)

Thanks guys. Gary, I am going to need to talk to you about how to tdo the ornament tot the fender stub thing, sounds interesting. Think I am going to stick with this little seat and won't be needing the 7 post. I took it for a pretty long ride this weekend and it wasn't bad at all. Cheers!
  2. SailorMac

OK, fixed again, I may have to stop using dropbox.
  3. SailorMac

Sorry trouble with Dropbox again.
  4. SailorMac

Pee Wee Herman X1 Replica

Awesome build! You inspired me to pick up PeeWee's Big Adventure on BlueRay. Can't wait to watch it.
  5. SailorMac

Trinidad Colorado New Chainring

Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike Done! Gary Nice pics, your bike looks great, love the 4th picture especially. Hope you had a good ride with her today.
  6. SailorMac

Re: American Idiot (Pics Fixed) Here's how the whole bike is looking...
  7. SailorMac

Re: American Idiot (Pics Fixed) For the front fender I fabbed a bracket and used this antique stove ornament. Kind of looks like a cowcatcher, but the pic doesn't do it justice.
  8. SailorMac

Re: American Idiot (Pics Fixed) There was an extra brace and piece of fender left after cutting. So I added a license plate...
  9. SailorMac

Re: American Idiot (Pics Fixed) Since I went with the upright bars, I decided to make it look like a Japanese Bratstyle Bobber. So I bought this little girl's bike seat for $1.50. The pink is kind of growing on me.
  10. SailorMac

Re: American Idiot So the boardtracker bar style on this little middleweight frame wasn't really working for rideability. I switched to some moped bars with a higher rise. Had to cut off off the BMX style cross brace. And since the diameter was too small for the stem, I shimmed them...
  11. SailorMac

Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ New Pics 12-11 ~~

Re: Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ NEXT RIDE OCTOBER 22ND ~~ Hope you guys had a great Meet/Show/Ride. I was out of town all this week and just couldn't swing getting up there today. +1 on the pics!
  12. SailorMac

$15 AMF

It's the bike I learned how to ride on back in the day :)
  13. SailorMac

When is there too Much Patina?

It's your call, there are thousands of these frames around. If you like it shiny, then paint it. Personally, I'd leave it OG, but I tend to leave them all that way, even the rusty ones.
  14. SailorMac

Got a serial number - but can't find a serial number chart

A pic will be more helpful than the serial number to ID this bike.
  15. SailorMac

Trinidad Colorado New Chainring

Re: Trinidad Colorado Bike She's a Rocker! Gary Once again, an awesome job! Can't wait to see it in person.
  16. SailorMac

26' RUSTY cruiser

Very nice work! I particulary like the use of the Garelli Moto fork; I used to have a top tank Super Sport XL. Like the paint/rust work that you've done too. BTW, what is that taillight from?
  17. SailorMac

kite´s stainless steel cruiser

Beautiful build!
  18. SailorMac

Re: American Idiot (Pics Fixed) Found a 4" dia. pipe hanger at Menards for $1.58 Only used about 1/4 of it to make a light bracket to hang off of the stem bolt. Added the pancake horn (another moped leftover) hanging off the bottom of the light. Also some upsidedown Torrington handlebars ($5...
  19. SailorMac

Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ New Pics 12-11 ~~

Re: Chicago Monthly Ride ~~ NEXT RIDE OCTOBER 22ND ~~ I'm planning to go to the swap meet on the 22nd, but I may have to hit it pretty early. What time are you guys planning to ride? Geneva costume ride sounds like fun too. Jeff
  20. SailorMac

Re: American Idiot (Pics Fixed) Skipton Just humbly paying homage to a legendary headlight...
Back