Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. skillet

59 schwinn corvette

not the same wheels. the front one was damaged beyond repair so i went ahead and got 2 new ones.
  2. skillet

59 schwinn corvette

fenders and chaingaurd are painted. almost complete.
  3. skillet

rusted seatpost removal

anybody know of any good ways to remove rusted seatposts? a lot of the bikes i'm goin to be working with are rusted to heck with the seatpost still in them. on my first build i could only get it to move down by hammering it and using penetrating oil. haven't tried any other bikes but i'm sure...
  4. skillet

PART & BIKE SUPPLIERS

i've been dealing with my LBS too but this guy at a bike shop down in austin told me about this company. aftermarket and NOS parts. lots of hard to find decals. http://www.mapleislandsales.com/ here's another that's got some good stuff. http://www.memorylane-classics.com/
  5. skillet

How'd Ya Get Started

i was into bmx when i was younger. recently i moved in with my sister and her boyfriend. her boyfriend's grandparents used to live in the house and when they moved out they left their huge shop full of junk. his grandad was into cars and bikes. he left all his bikes. some hangin on the rafters...
  6. skillet

59 schwinn corvette

update on corvette rat fenders and chain gaurd are gettin painted soon
  7. skillet

rusty patina questions

8. skillet

rusty patina questions

i guess it's a short oil. doesn't take long to dry and when it does you can touch it without getting anything on your hands
  9. skillet

rusty patina questions

what i did on my bike is used a 3 in one lubricant that lubes, cleans, and prevents rust. just wiped it all over the frame. it made it a darker brown but looks really cool.
  10. skillet

Lets see your collection...

This is recently what i have to work with. there's also some bikes behind the garage sittin in the dirt that i'm bringin out one by one. sorry the pics are ......(phone camera). gonna post better individual pics of each bike sometime soon because i need help identifying a few of them. these...
  11. skillet

Age demographic

12. skillet

59 schwinn corvette

yea that keg is actually going to be the gas tank on my brother in law's pick up. i was thinking of making a trailer out of a keg. lay it down on it's side and cuttin out the top side. may be a little to heavy though.
  13. skillet

59 schwinn corvette

my first rat. gonna match it to my brother in law's 33/34 ford pick up rat rod. will post more pics when complete.
Back