Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. K

Nick the Cycle Truck Fenders Done

I bought this 43 Cycle truck from the Daughter of the original owner. I have been working on it in my spare time over the last few months. The bike is being completely striped with my electrolysis tank. The fenders rolled. I decided to dab in the art of perfecting imperfection. I am please...
  2. K

Fender Rolling Central Ohio

Fender Rolling Central Ohio Hello All I bought a Fender roller and it is on the way. I will guess buy the end of the week. I would like to reduce the cost of my investment. So. I thought I would put this out there. I am near Dover, Ohio and would be willing to arrange a Saturday or Sunday that...
  3. K

Tracking Santa Claus--U.S. Aerospace Defense Command

I expect my kids to call. they do every year.The baby is 17 now!
  4. K

Latest Haul

Well I am partners on these three They most likley get fliped I will post more pictures soon
  5. K

Electrolysis Season NOT PICKED UP

Electrolysis I feel the need to pass this on I am using a 50 gal plastic drum One box Arm& Hammer washing soda Those copper coated scrubies 12volt battery charger Rubber Gloves I have removed mega rust ,paint, clear coat with great success. The process is slow yet very efficient Please...
  6. K

my third Columbia middle weight

Well I have my third Columbia middle weight (respect the middle weight) 1957 vintage! So… I have the 50’s 60’s and 70’s covered. The light and horn work. Patina perfect. I will tear it down , clean lightly and clear coat. They used no primer when they painted this bike and it is down to bear...
  7. K

People for Bikes

I am sure this has been posted before Looks legit and I think it is a great idea. I linked to one of the stories. He is a Ratrodder. I signed the pledge. Please check it out. :D http://www.peopleforbikes.org/stories/e ... _the_blood
  8. K

Star Sprocket & The Reflectors Cycle Truck Blues

You meet the nicest people buying bicycles. The cycle truck has a great story behind it. The lady I bought it from, father had this bike since he was a young boy. His father bought it from a bakery in the Cleveland area when he was 8 or 9. He owned the bike his entire life. She told me when she...
  9. K

1965 Moulton (Cool Promo Video )

I bought this today 4.5 hours round trip left at 4:45 AM! All original including the John Bull brake pads My picture did not come out. Plenty of surface rust. The rubber boot is tore, tires will have to be replaced along with all the cable clips but… I think it will clean up real nice. Anyone...
  10. K

Schwinn Hornet

:oops: Schwinn Hornet This popped up on CL and called to me. I shot the guy an offer and rolled out of the house at 5:30 am to get there at 8 Sunday morning to pick her up. I met a super nice guy who is building a Rat Rod 53 GMC 5 window pick up. We got to BS’ing and he gave me a cool old...
  11. K

Men’s Spaceliner

Well missing most of the goodies. Most of the clear coat gone and fair share of rust. Original Goodyear’s are presentable. I have a seat. This one will stay with me until I find a better example.
  12. K

68 Schwinn Sting Ray 5 Speed Campus Green

68 Schwinn Sting Ray 5 Speed Campus Green survivor Goodyear Polyester Cheater in the rear and Schwinn Westfield on the front. The slick is pretty nice and the front has cracks but looks nice as display tire. This thing appears to be all original. The Light is marked Schwinn approved on the...
  13. K

Pre War Shelby Supreme Lobdell Horizontal spring saddle

Pre War Shelby Supreme Lobdell Horizontal spring saddle I drove 220 miles round trip for this one gotta love that seat. I am unsure what I will be doing with this one I may Keep the bike and sell this seat if the right offer shows up. A little rough on the seat but what a start. I have her...
  14. K

61 Columbia Fire Bolt Black & White

I had posted this bike a little while back in fresh finds. The front fork was bent pretty good and the chrome on the wheels was gone. The chrome fenders will need some work they have a million little pits. The tires were dry rotted beyond use. I picked up a 63 or 4 white girls bike. The rims...
  15. K

1970 Columbia Rambler

The CL add said it was a 67 the serial # makes it 1970 Swiss made 1.75 Trelelborg tires and cool yellow valve stem caps. The guy wanted 175 and I offered 100, still up there but the bike is clean and the color awesome he said ok, so I brought her home. :roll: Rides great! This was the last...
  16. K

Firestone Super GTO (Sale Pending) and a Ross Camel Back

Firestone Super GTO (Huffy Rail) and a Ross Camel Back I had to do some trading to get these The big problem is I set out to reduce the number of bikes I have to help keep the chief officer happy. She thinks you need one bike and one bike only. I had a really nice condition Schwinn Sprint from...
  17. K

Good Weekend for The Hobby

Well I had had a good weekend for the bikes. My oldest daughter wanted an banana set bike to ride. I bought this 24 inch camel back speedster with China seat and bars for 65.00 on Saturday, looong drive to pick it up. Then Sunday, I made a trade for this cast iron pre 1900 wheel truing stand...
  18. K

1961? COLUMBIA FIREBOLT

Well I saw this on CL and called the guy. He was about 60 miles away. I asked him what his best deal was and he came back with 125.00. I thinking ok that’s not a steel but looks like a far price. So.. I am debating on taking a drive to look at her . We start BS,ing on the phone and he says where...
  19. K

1978 Schwinn Mag Scrambler

Ok this bike seems to be all original. Serial number LP808781. I picked this up off of CL after getting him to take a realistic price. I would like to sell it to someone who wants to save it. I cannot keep it so the other option is to piece it out or Ebay. I am up for offers. My Zip is 44622. I...
  20. K

Akron motorike -bike show crusty finds

Well I went to a small bike- motorbike show in Akron Ohio with a friend and load of fenders, racks, wheels and misc. nothing special but some cool stuff. I sold a good bit traded a few things and gave some stuff away. And bought these two rusty crusty bikes. 5.00 to set up free coffee and...
Back