Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Y

Disc brakes, old forks

Anyone ever put front disc on the old school forks like these?
  2. Y

Add coaster break to a 3 speed hub

Just picked this up: I am moving the rear wheel to my cruiser build that is going to have painted rims. I don't want to use caliper breaks and rub the paint off. Can you put a coaster break on these Sturmey Archer 3 speed hubs?? Thanks in advance for your help!
  3. Y

Need help selecting paint.

Gloss or Satin?!?!? See: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38406
  4. Y

New bikes for My wife and I

This is my first build and I am loving it. I am building two bikes - one for myself which my wife knows I'm building and one for her that she does not know I'm building. Hers will be a birthday present. Mine is an old Hawthorne, hers an old Columbia. I was told they are both from around...
  5. Y

Custom Spring Laid Back Seat Post

Anyone ever made a laid back seat post with an old leaf spring style tractor seat spring? My idea is to fill in the seat post and tap it so it has internal threads. Then you can attach the leaf spring from the tractor seat to the seat post with a heavy duty bolt. Most of these tractor seats have...
  6. Y

Hawthorne teardown problems

I started the teardown on my Hawthorne bike this weekend. (I'm pretty sure It's a late 50s early 60s model, which might help answer my question) I got everything off the bike except the crank. I can't get it out of the bottom bracket. I have it loose and everything but I just can't get it to...
  7. Y

New in the Lou

Hello world! I'm working on my first build(s). I'm making two ultra-similar (not matching buy close) bikes for my wife and I. Hers is a surprise birthday gift. Mine is just because I want a rat rod bike! I bought her a rough old Columbia and I'm still looking for the bike for me. I'm leaning...
Back