Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Kevin B

I love this, hope it works . . .

Ok, which one of you all is this? https://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Tour-de-France-Random-Wheelie-Guy-Winning,26493/csteen,28416
  2. Kevin B

The Sum of Its' Parts

I have a bike that I have been thinking about selling. It is a bike that would bring maybe $50 to 75 even though it looks and rides like new. However, if you look at parts like an alloy coaster brake rear wheel, A decent bike is worth more as parts. 26" Wheel Master Also, when you need a...
  3. Kevin B

Asking for a friend . . .

A friend is looking into a Hironelle St Etienne. It is supposed to be anywhere from 1903 to the 20s. Would it have been Skip tooth? This is the bike. I didn't know bikes that old had rim brakes. Anyone know about hironelle st etienne? I already tried the rrb archives.
  4. Kevin B

The World's Largest Engine

38" bore and 8' stroke😮 https://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/wartsila-sulzer-rta96-c-the-world-s-largest-engine/
  5. Kevin B

What in the world!!!

6. Kevin B

Don't Forget . . .

Remember to set your ignition timing forward this morning. 😁
  7. Kevin B

Moon Dust (I mean Crust)

MOON DUST CRUST This Bike appeared on FB for $40 and I was going to pass it up. Friends here on RRB encouraged me to get it saying the saddle alone was worth the asking price. This is the bike at the sellers home. Maybe I should start with the saddle. Original shape is good but stiff...
  8. Kevin B

Bicycle License Plates, Novelty Tags?

What to you think a standard size tag for a bicycle plate would be. Not a government issued but say a novelty plate. Would it be like the plastic bike plates in the rack in Wal-Mart? I know there isn't really a standard, but what do you like? I'm thinking about fabricating a curved, side...
  9. Kevin B

ORBO The Canal Crawler

Build Thread of all the Fun --------------------------------------------- I started with this 21 speed Trek 930 Necessity is called the mother of invention. I had this Trash Day Eve find in my shed and was thinking of scrapping it. Then I saw the bare frame on ebay for over $250!! Having...
  10. Kevin B

Moon Eyes Cruiser on FB

Saw this for $40 near me. If it had moon discs I'd go for it. https://www.facebook.com/share/zVsmbSagGMXHYZhf/?mibextid=kL3p88
  11. Kevin B

The Original EVs

Would a sheet metal ceiling over all roads be impractical?
  12. Kevin B

NYPD Terminates their Robot

https://www.the-sun.com/tech/10294973/nypd-ditches-subway-police-robot-time-square-commuters/
  13. Kevin B

One of our RRB Predecessors

14. Kevin B

Moving Picture Gallery

Schwinn History
  15. Kevin B

Down to soaking hardware

I tested positive for Covid so I'm stuck inside. So bored I've been soaking rusty bike fasteners in vinegar and then rinsing them, oiling them down and returning them to storage.
  16. Kevin B

ORBO The Canal Crawler

There are hundreds of miles of canals in the town where I live. They always have a 100 foot County right of way on one bank. The right of way may be sod, sand or gravel. Riding the canals with a cruiser like the one pictured really hurts my knees. I found this Trek with bad derailleur and...
  17. Kevin B

ORBO Off Road Build Off Question

I have this Trek frame. I found this bike in the trash and stripped it except for the bottom bracket a few months ago. I would like to enter it. My plan is to make it a single speed free wheeler, gear it super low and dub it "The Canal Crawler.". Would it be allowed already in this state of...
  18. Kevin B

Didn't realize . . .

I was looking at a pipe wrench!
  19. Kevin B

New Year

20. Kevin B

Don Garlits Swamp Rat Bike

My grandson is coming down for Christmas and I am going to teach him to assemble a bike. From driving in the bearing cups, lubing and etc. Our project will be this Kent Shogun. It is the worst frame I ever started with. It had weeds growing through it when found. The top tube had large...
Back