Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. F

wanting to build a fixie?

WOW. He said he was broke :roll:
  2. F

Head Badge Nails/Studs/Rivets?

I cheat :D Use those brass nails your found and grind them till you have just the heads left or just a nub of a tip left. Take them and glue them in place with a white water based craft glue, this makes it secure without being permanent. Then stick your head badge on with double sided tape. Forrest
  3. F

Oiling down old paint

I use Marvle Mystery Oil, another one of its many uses :D I wipe it on and let it sit on it for a few days. What has not soaked in or evaporated I buff off with a rag. It does seem to leave some type of film behind, does not seem greasy or attracts dust. Also seems to work well on bare metal bikes.
  4. F

AMF Conqueror.

That makes sense. India was ruled by The British Empire until after WWII. Forrest
  5. F

Easy Conversion of Puch headlight to bright LED

I did mine a year ago or so. Its such a natural fit for a bicycle. Forrest
  6. F

Oxalic Acid-What do you use?

If you you got to Home Depot or Lowes they carry a lot of the ZEP brand cleaning products. ZEP has a liquid deck and fence cleaner that comes in a one gallon jug, it contains Oxalic Acid. I have used this with good results, I would say the same has the powder. Forrest
  7. F

Before & After Pics

8. F

Western Flyer Seat Post

http://www.porkchopbmx.com/CR-MO-13-16- ... P07-LB.htm This should fit, I have used this one before. Forrest
  9. F

Disassembling a Murray rat trap springer

Those are the best I have right now. Trust me, my caps were so rusted they got messed up taking them off :lol: Forrest
  10. F

Disassembling a Murray rat trap springer

When I put mine back together I used a threaded rod cut to length and SS lock nuts instead of the caps. I thought it made it a little easier to put back together, and looks better. Forrest
  11. F

1957 Evans Colson Olympic Custom

I will say it first! that looks really sharp :lol: The brown and gold looks great. I like all the details. Forrest
  12. F

1980 Huffy Pro Thunder BMX - FINISHED

Re: 1980 Huffy Pro Thunder BMX Wow! Where did you find that? I would love to have that for my Huffy BMX Bike collection, they are the only ones I can Pay for :lol: A two grand BMX bike is not fun :wink: I also have a 84 Stu Thomsen that I have to get up on the museum...
  13. F

Spaceliner Tire size options?

Thanks for the info, I may just have to go for it. Forrest
  14. F

Spaceliner Tire size options?

I have a womans Spaceliner I have been working. For some reson I would like to put all white tires on it, I can not find anything in the 26x1.75 size that is all white, but I can find 26 x1.95 like these - http://www.ebay.com/itm/PR-BICYCLE-TIRE ... 2310aeccad Do you think these would rub the...
  15. F

First project

Looks great :wink: Looking for a set of tires now for a womans spaceliner that I am working on. Were did you get yours at? or were those on there? Forrest
  16. F

Ross Polobike gettin some love.

After 30 years of, cleaning, rubbing, scraping, SOS pads, steel wool. I found this article a few years ago. Save your self some time and get way better results, try this. :lol: http://www.vintagebmx.com/community/lof ... 04702.html
  17. F

show your Spaceliners!!

Would like to find a tank for mine, either style would be nice. Let me now if you have one that you are willing to part with that dont cost a billion dollars :lol: If it needs work that would be fine also. Forrest viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47257&p=457028#p457028
  18. F

196X? Spaceliner

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I don't understand why they clear coated the chrome? but trust me its on there! And you really cant get the chrome looking good till its off. I have a woman's Spaceliner that I am working on now that a just striped all the clear coat so I could clean and...
  19. F

196X? Spaceliner

Got this back in the spring, I would say that it is finished for now. The frame fenders and forks had many layers of house and spray paint. All the other parts were painted with nice silver fence paint :lol: All chrome parts that were very badly rusted I painted with a black textured spay paint...
Back