Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MplsCoaster

CT Schwinn: Fender Comp

Hey Everybody, Well, its been another build blast and now its done and dusted. Always wanted a Coppertone Schwinn so I had to build one. Please use this pic for the voting booth, thanks. First, I have to apologize for the pics, my camera is going wonky and none of the pictures are...
  2. MplsCoaster

CT Schwinn: Banana, Banana

Hey Everybody! I'm in again, number 5 for me. I haven't got much time with grad school but I've got a week in between Spring and Summer semester where I plan to get the bulk of it done then. Enough excuses and on to the show... I've always wanted a Coppertone Schwinn. I'm not really sure...
  3. MplsCoaster

SIL's Birthday Bike

Hello, I promised I'd enter my Sister In Law's (SIL's) bike that I built for her for BOTEN. She has been enjoying it in Oregon and riding with her grandson J (JerimiahIsRad) and his FlatBlack&White Goodyear Hiway Patrol bike. I was told that J got a "Cool Bike" comment from someone when they...
  4. MplsCoaster

SIL's BDay Present: Que Sera Sera

SIL's BDay Present: Que Sera Sera, Done and Delivered! Hey Thanks a lot everybody for the likes and comments. Here is the build thread: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/sils-bday-present-que-sera-sera-done-and-delivered.92363/ Okay so I got this bike in trade for two cheap...
  5. MplsCoaster

SIL's BDay Present: Que Sera Sera, Done and Delivered

Okay, I'm in and kinda late to the party. This is going to be a relatively quick refresh. I'm goingtobe crazy busy now with school http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/big-change-bike-commuter-again.92362/#post-910777 So this is actually the first older bike I started working on...
  6. MplsCoaster

Big Change, Bike Commuter again, update

Hey Everybody, Sorry I haven't been around as much lately but I've been busy with a big change. Two days ago I quit my job and next Tuesday I'm going to start my Master's degree in Electrical Engineering full time. One good part about it is that I'm going to park my car and start commuting...
  7. MplsCoaster

56T at Stone Arch Bridge

Well I just snuck in at the end. This shot is from the Fall Ride. I gave 56T to my Wife who (I didn't realize, oops) really loves aqua. I put on a lower seat for her and she really likes riding it. I think it actually looks a little better with the lower seat. She got a lot of nice comments...
  8. MplsCoaster

56T: Tribute to My Dad

Well another Build off bike done and dusted! I had a get time with a bunch of great people and bikes. The coolest part of the build off is that there is a bunch of really cool new bikes on the road. Thanks Steve! I had this bike for 3 years and never built it and then I thought I'd build a...
  9. MplsCoaster

Virginia Beach: Fun Fun Fun (pics added)

Hey Guys, My Wife and me are going to Virginia Beach in a week. We were wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a good bike rental place, places to see, and/or good restaurants. We've never been to the East Coast before and it looks like a great place! We plan on doing a lot of laying...
  10. MplsCoaster

The Barber and The Spaceliner

I've been going to my barber Phil (yes Ph not FIL ;)) for about 30 years He's always given me a great haircut for a reasonable price So over the years we've talked about common interests He restored a 50's Morgan and quite a few beautiful jukeboxes He owned a Morgan +8 (got a fast ride one time...
  11. MplsCoaster

56T: Finished (with new pics)

Well I'm in Glad to be a part of my 4th build off and looking forward to all the cool builds, camaraderie and humor again this year:) Here are my past builds: RBBoff6 Hot Rod Liner, still riding this one as much as possible RBBoff7 Jacked Up Pilot , My attempt at a Rat Rod bike (using gun...
  12. MplsCoaster

Turkey vs. Car

So this happened a few weeks ago and I thought it was kinda funny I came home from work and found 8 wild turkeys in my backyard :eek: So I had to step out and take a picture so people would believe me (SchwinnRay...LOL) The tom turkey was standing in the alley right in my way to get in the...
  13. MplsCoaster

Wall of Wheels

I finally ordered enough wheels to get most of my (too) many bikes together. http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/no-more-bikes-5-done-for-now-12-left.61487/ I'm trying to get them organized, finished, given away, or sold so I can get the basement cleaned up and the walls fixed...
  14. MplsCoaster

Tank, Apes, and Straighten forks

Well I finally found a tank for a reasonable price after looking for a few years :) Couldn't bring myself to pay a hundred or two for one, So got this repro off of ebay for ~$50 shipped, good enough for me;) It fits nicely on my typhoon, yeah! Picked up these Ape hangers at a swap meet last...
  15. MplsCoaster

Another Spaceliner and Schwinn twin str bar

Thought I was going to stop buying bikes http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61487 And did for a while other than my Build Off Shelby But Deuce Wheeler clued me into a Spaceliner on CL, Thanks Man! Turned out to be a 24" but pretty clean The story behind it was a bit of a tall...
  16. MplsCoaster

MN Classic/Antique Bike Club's Fall Ride 22Sep

Hey Minnesotans! It's time again for the MN Classic/Antique Bike Club's Fall Ride this Sunday Sep22nd Meeting again at 1 ppm Boom Island, Mpls along the Mississippi River Here are some of the past fall rides 2012: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=63258 2011: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46356 We had a great...
  17. MplsCoaster

Shelby Path Racer

Well it was another fun time with all the cool and innovate bikes and builders!! :D :D Can't help but put up a lot of pics again because it's a fun bike My Build off thread viewtopic.php?f=75&t=72106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a Started with this $20 pre war Shelby Supreme that I found with FIL Ended...
  18. MplsCoaster

Shelby Path Racer: Ready for the Finish Line

Well I'm in... but realized I'm more of a rider than builder :lol: RBBOff#6 bike, the favorite of all my bikes and still ride it a lot RBBOff#7 bike, liked the concepts and stance but it's kinda more for just cruising Been feeling uninspired lately but I think I have a direction Bought...
  19. MplsCoaster

Ridin': Lots of Water

So I decided to get a ride thread going instead of using my build threads I've used Skipton's "Show us your build off bikes in action" for almost 2 years (Thanks Skipton!) And I'm sure people are getting tired of my own build off threads be at least 50% riding Thought I'd get it started...
  20. MplsCoaster

What?! Bike Karma?

So it's been a few weeks since RustyK, Nickinator and me went to check out a shop Hatcher Cycles was advertised on CL for vintage bikes so I got the boys together Nick had been there before and wanted in on the road trip I picked up RustyK and had to take a pic of the bike he was giving away...
Back