Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RatTrick

#HOP

Nicely done. Simple and sweet is my favorite style :wink:
  2. RatTrick

Hot Rod Hercules

Re: Hot Rod Hercules or the Hercu-Ripper I had to order a 27X1" tire and tube 'cause none of the local bike shops had them in stock. The 27X1 1/4" tire I found in the used tire pile wedged against the fender when inflated so the fenders had to come off for awhile. I rode the bike about 10 miles...
  3. RatTrick

jumping on the Meat Wagon: bike ambulance

Re: jumping on the Meat Wagon that's so kool! still waitin to see smoke trailing behind it while the meat cooks!
  4. RatTrick

BEER RUN Blog photo of me riding BEER RUN in Costume

Re: SHRED SLED - Savannah Flipper's First Rat Build cool idea. I can't wait to see where this build goes.
  5. RatTrick

Hot Rod Hercules

Re: Hot Rod Hercules or the Hercu-Ripper I almost had the shifter done before my son got his rat bike rolling last night. We rode about 2 mile to the wawa at 2:30 am for an Icee. On the home stretch on a slight downhill I really got her moving but when I hit the front brake the left pad shot...
  6. RatTrick

Re: jumping on the Meat Wagon Awesome! I can't wait to see it with meat and Kool-Aid! :P
  7. RatTrick

Hot Rod Hercules

Re: Hot Rod Hercules or the Hercu-Ripper I guess I had too many wobbly pops last night because tonight when I finally got to put the tubes in I noticed the rear tire size is 37-590. :oops: The test ride was a little scary with only 3rd gear and no brakes and it was comfortable but harsh with...
  8. RatTrick

Re: project backburner is punbelievably ratty lol. I was wondering how the chain would work after you flipped the axle. maybe some idlers from a recumbent :?: .
  9. RatTrick

Hot Rod Hercules

Re: Hot Rod Hercules or the Hercu-Ripper yea deorman- i double checked and you're right. it's a 43-590 that i have now. I'm getting tubes tomorrow so I'll be able to check inflated tire width, clearances etc. and go for a test ride. thanks for the link tho, I'll be using it for a couple other...
  10. RatTrick

Hot Rod Hercules

Re: Hot Rod Hercules or the Hercu-Ripper It's home-made from a donor mountain bike. I notched it with a cut-off wheel, then bent it and gave it a test fit to match the top tube line and welded it up. Thanks for positive words, this is a very, very low budget build at this point so it's been...
  11. RatTrick

Hot Rod Hercules

Re: Big Wheel Hercules First mock-up is done. I used a 27X1" tire on the front and it looks like I'll be using the original 26X1 3/8" rear wheel with a blackwall tire. Anyone know where to get a fatter tire for this rim? it's a 550 diameter wheel. the center pull Dia-Comp brakes from the parts...
  12. RatTrick

Re: project backburner is punbelievably ratty How many miles do you think it will go before the chain saws through the frame? :!:
  13. RatTrick

Hot Rod Hercules

Re: Big Wheel Hercules I totally gave up on trying to make this bike electric. there's just not enough metal on the forks to hold a hub motor. While looking for tires in the dark part of my basement, this 27 1/4" Araya was found. :idea: my idea is to convert the 26 3/8" rims to 27" and...
  14. RatTrick

Hot Rod Hercules

Re: Hercu-lectrick Maybe in this direction....
  15. RatTrick

Hot Rod Hercules

I paid $20 for this AMF Hercules and a ladies Columbia Tourist: [url][/ I'm gonna to use most of it's original parts and try to keep it simple.. :mrgreen:
  16. RatTrick

Dela where?

a couple wobbly pops and a new battery box on the Hot Rod Trike produced this short vid :lol: http://youtu.be/Z2W1hg3jiAU
  17. RatTrick

Re: project backburner at least you'll have reverse, :lol: . The crate looks great!
  18. RatTrick

Re: project backburner If your frame is compatible, there would be two dropout hangers welded behind the chainstays like this:
  19. RatTrick

My first tall bike

another way to beef up the welds is to slide some rod inside the frame tubing before putting the sections together. drill a few holes in the frame so you can spot weld the rod through the holes. after grinding the welds down you will never see the holes and the junction of the frame tubings will...
  20. RatTrick

Re: project backburner It does look like a worksman frame. I have two. one is built, the other is stripped to the frame. The pillow blocks, axle and sprockets are still available from Worksman for these trikes and reasonably priced. I am curious to see how your 'fixie' setup works out. Can you...
Back