Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Socal Last

Left Koast Kruiser

Forgot to ask, are you leaving paint as is or repaint¿
  2. Socal Last

Left Koast Kruiser

Diggin the staight bar build¡ really like the stamped ashtabula stem and cranks¡ currently working on a staight bar build for my daughter. Where are you getting your chrome done¿ i know you are local, just curious to see who does chroming still.
  3. Socal Last

Elgin Offroad: Klunked Out BMX Hybrid

Great looking build, looks clean running the drum brakes! What size spokes did you use?
  4. Socal Last

Teaser Cruiser

While the mags look good, I like option 1, it looks "cleaner". My 2 cents.
  5. Socal Last

26 inch bmx questions for a potential build

I believe there is a pair of 26 inch laguna forks in the for sale(priced a little out of my range) section on the bmx museum website. They do look different than the forks I posted before, the welds are nicer looking. I hope to get some pics of the frame and bits I have gathered soon.
  6. Socal Last

Well the forks were not lagunas. May have been akisu. : ( It would be nice to get some just to pair with the bike, but I'm cool with what I have. Want to start on this build but have a deal with the wife I'll get my daughter's bike done first, before really fooln on another bike for me!
  7. Socal Last

The laguna fork looks like it is basically the 26 inch TX 1200 champion fork and instead of the drop outs with the progressively larger holes, they have drop outs with an "L" . The welds on the drop outs are similar also 2 on the outside, 1 on the inside. This pic is not mine, it came up on a...
  8. Socal Last

Thanks for the input! I am hoping they are lagunas , just haven't been able to set up a time for a meet and see. With the end of the school year graduations and family obligations, been on the go quite a bit. As for the TRX forks I plan on keeping those, and run them on the frame because I...
  9. Socal Last

I am anticipating on a future build up of a laguna frame (no fork)and had a planned on using a set of Tange TRX forks I was able to get. Now a friend of a friend "has" a pair of laguna forks on a schwinn style frame cruiser that a he might want to let go. First off I need to verify they are...
  10. Socal Last

Stoked on this pick up-26 inch trx forks

Don't really post in fresh finds, but stoked on getting these and can't wait to get going on a 26 inch bmx build, but priorities dictate that won't happen for awhile. The are extremely light compared to a couple of other forks I have. Super duper minty for a 30+ year old fork.
  11. Socal Last

41 DX bomber commuter "Monty" - finished pics added

Had the bike completed for awhile and figured it was time to post some pics: Really like the way it cruises - nice and tight. Guys at work were diggin it. Currently non op, the 60 plus year old chain couldn't handle my excitement (read as large frame) and I snapped one of the outer...
  12. Socal Last

The Tijuana Grave Robber

Yeah that was probably me saw there (I was the big hairy guy for reference), but when I recognized TGR, you were headin northbound by the spring toys in the plaza.
  13. Socal Last

The Tijuana Grave Robber

@ Araya I work on the maintenance crew that takes care of the beach front and facilities, etc. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you.
  14. Socal Last

The Tijuana Grave Robber

@ Araya, I was actually working so I wasn't "really enjoying" the afternoon (ha). But will say hello for sure next time I see ya.
  15. Socal Last

The Tijuana Grave Robber

I knew I had seen this bike before! Ha you rode right past me in the pier plaza. I was a beautiful afternoon for a ride for sure.
  16. Socal Last

41 DX bomber commuter "Monty" - finished pics added

Been quite busy as of late, but had an opportunity to work on the build and my spokes arrived a couple of days ago, so I can move forward. Polished the rims this morning and hope to build them up tonight. Here is a pic to see the difference in a quick hit with the polish wheel. -Side note was...
  17. Socal Last

Wheel builders - Spoke lengths for Morrow to Araya 26 in. 7x rim?

The wheel set is going to be used on a bomber build that is currently in the works ( http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/41-dx-bomber-commuter-yes-another-klunker.80517/unread ) It will be a bike ridden for getting to and fro. Not initially looking to take it off pavement and...
  18. Socal Last

No I am building a front also, a high flange Sunshine hub to 7X rim, 3 X also, 260 mm spokes also.
  19. Socal Last

Went with 260s, 3 X, this will be the second set of wheels I build. The first set I built up were 3 X and they came out nice. I doubt the 4 X would have been any harder to build though.
  20. Socal Last

Thank you! I appreciate the responses. I ordered the spokes today.
Back