Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Frankthetank

2 speed kick back hub, which performs better?

I love my '63 schwinn typhoon but the single speed rear hub is horrible. I'll go around the block and be dying by the time I'm back home. I'm wanting to upgrade it to a 2 speed kick back hub but I'm debating if I should go with a rebuilt schwinn red band unit or a new sturmey archer one. Does...
  2. Frankthetank

1963 Schwinn American

I really want one of these. Are these known as the American or American deluxe, also they were just 63-64 in blue and red right?
  3. Frankthetank

What's going on here?????

Why's the name at the top of the page say fattirebikes and not ratrodbikes?
  4. Frankthetank

Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories .... http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3713452389.html
  5. Frankthetank

Where can I find this edge trim?

I'm really sold on this neoprene rubber edge stuff cause thats what the tank had originally when I bought it new in '97 only I was careless and would from time to time remove the tank and the strips were lost.
  6. Frankthetank

Where can I find this edge trim?

Anyone know where I can buy this stuff? I tried this website(http://www.svc.com/trim-7.html) but they're sold out or something and have been for the longest time. I need it to run on my schwinn tank to keep it from scuffing up my bike frame. Thanks guys
  7. Frankthetank

Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories He's actually came down in price. Here's his older add http://modesto.craigslist.org/bik/3568217509.html
  8. Frankthetank

Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories Yeah. Even funnier, his reply to my email calling him on his bs :lol:
  9. Frankthetank

Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories While searching Craigslist early this morning I found this "1989 reproduction phantom" priced at only $600. What a steal!! Good for some great lols. Looks to me to be a '03-'07 bike store schwinn and far from even a repop phantom. If I...
  10. Frankthetank

Schwinn King Sting, Schwinn Suburban, Ross Barracuda

Are you kidding? Campus green is the best
  11. Frankthetank

Another girls Phantom, Elgin, Silverking

Never new they came in girls model. Must be super rare?
  12. Frankthetank

Another girls Phantom, Elgin, Silverking

If I said wow itd be an understatement! What model schwinns are all the balloners? That last one is niiiiice!
  13. Frankthetank

Rusty Vette

What a sweet old vette. I've seen rustier though, nothing a little wd40 and steel wool can't take care of.
  14. Frankthetank

Careful using Sharpies where you're going to paint...

Did u wipe the sharpie off before painting the fender?
  15. Frankthetank

Here is something you don't see everyday

42K, bwagahahahaha
  16. Frankthetank

Cleanest Schwinn Cruiser I have ever seen.

Love that shade of blue
  17. Frankthetank

When did the last major bike MFG leave the U.S.?

Sad, breaks my heart.
  18. Frankthetank

"The Schwinn-Wig" "The End"

Re: "The Schwinn-Wig" Wow amazing! I wish I knew your trick when I first got my typhoon bout a year ago. Nice:)
  19. Frankthetank

I bought some rust with a little bit of bike

That should buff right out.
  20. Frankthetank

1955 Schwinn Corvette all original

I was just about to ask if this was a ballooner or middleweight. Nice, real nice.
Back