Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. OutlawAlice

Shifter help, please! - 1968 Huffy/Grants Rail

This is the shifter mechanism off of a 1968 Huffy Rail. It's all that was on the bike as far as the shifter goes. I haven't been able to find any information about where the cable end actually hooks in, any tutorial, exploded view AND/OR if it's even complete. You can see where the cable end is...
  2. OutlawAlice

Goodyear Grasshopper Slick - Tire size size help

I have two of these great NOS slicks, but although they say20 x 1.75 - they do not fit a standard 20 x 1.75 wheel. Could these be the slicks destined for the Schwinn Manta ray? Or is there adjustments or a method to these tires?
  3. OutlawAlice

Tiny Bike

Found this tiny little gem at a scrap yard. Pretty darn solid. The hard rubber wheels measure about 8 - 10 inches (I didn't have a tape measure handy). But I haven't seen such an adorable little bike in a long time. I don't think it's very old, but the frame makes me wonder. I have a niece...
  4. OutlawAlice

AMF Spirit of '76/Evel Knievel Tribute

Well, after a failed attempt at refreshing an old bike thanks to unforeseen damage, I've waiting until I waded deep into this bike before posting it. If you don't succeed, blow it up and grab another. :rolleyes: I lucked up and got an original AMF Spirit of '76 bike in fair condition from a...
  5. OutlawAlice

AMF Western Flyer Spirit of '76

Snagged this bike at our show this past weekend and I'm going to try to bring it back to life. Working on getting a pattern for the original graphics. The guy I got it from is also a pinstriper/artist and he's going to repaint the graphics for me! But I want to find any pertinent info - ads...
  6. OutlawAlice

Schwinn Starlet - Educate me, please!

I got this adorable Schwinn Starlet from a great old man who had been riding it for years. It was originally owned by his neighbors wife and they gave it to him because it was easier for him to ride a ladies bike like a step-through. He had to stop riging it because of a knee replacement so it...
  7. OutlawAlice

Crank Removal HELLLPPP!!

Hiya! This is off my Purple Nurple project. I am brand new to tearing down and building bikes and this is my first. I have a build thread, but I've hit a road block. I'm betting it's super easy and I'm just dumb, but how do I remove this crank (and pedals)? It's an early to mid 60's Royce Union...
  8. OutlawAlice

My first "BUILD" - **Purple Nurple**

I am a total noob with bikes other than I know what I like and I love bikes. I'm going to attempt my first build. No chopping or cutting, nothing extreme - just a crusty worn out old bike into something fun and fresh. Thanks to some items 'donated" by a good friend...Thank you Turtle64!...I...
  9. OutlawAlice

Sweet 60's Vicky

Scored this today at a yard sale. Only thing missing is one of the wire braces on the front fender. Lights, horn, dynamo and seat with toolbag all in primo condition. $30 for it. Gonna get a bath and a tune up. I want to do a little research on it. Anybody know anything about these German bikes?
  10. OutlawAlice

Raleigh MX and another Raleigh BMX

I've got these two old Raleighs. i want to sell them but I need to know what they are and ANY information I can get on them. Thank you !!!!
  11. OutlawAlice

J.C. Higgins - 26" Mens

This was my husband's Father's Day gift. I want to get some ideas on what exactly it is and some info on missing parts. I will be getting the numbers off of it and hoping someone here can cross reference them to know exactly what it is. I'll also be browsing the classifieds for parts! :D
  12. OutlawAlice

Murray High Jinks Pedigree

This is one of my bikes and I remember seeing them as a kid. Now, There's even very few google images of them and hardly any info. I got the bike for my son, who doesn't like it. :roll: I'm undecided on sell or fix. My "fix" is not new paint, etc. It's a good tune up, new pedals and tires and...
  13. OutlawAlice

Monark El Camino or Murray Meteor Flyer???

I've been unable to correctly ID this cruiser. I can't find a good reference for the serial number. Any ideas?
  14. OutlawAlice

Ross Polobike gettin some love.

Out of my three new/old bikes. My Ross is the first one I'm starting on. I had asked about rust removal, and got advice on using WD-40 or rubbing compound. Neither makes a dent. I'll be using brass wool and WD-40 together in an attempt to remove the worst of the rust and not get too deep into...
  15. OutlawAlice

New Southern Chick

Hello! :D I'm new to the site although I've lurked a bit from time to time. I've scored three old muscle bikes and I'm hoping to get educated! I've got a Ross Polobike, a Murray High Jinks and a sweet little Royce Union. I know they're not the upper crust, but I love their looks and I've...
Back