Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. GTV

Double Klunk!

Picked this up from a buddy down in AZ. Somewhere between 1946-48.
  2. GTV

Huffy Thunder Trail Monoshock

I picked this up a few years ago along with a bunch of other stuff, sold everything else and this weirdo has been hanging on my wall ever since. Driving home late the other night I spotted a couple kids 20” coaster brake bikes with free signs on them :) I’ll cherry pick the appropriate parts...
  3. GTV

Schwinn Approved 27" Rear Rack

Like the title says, I'm looking for one of those alloy 1970's-1980's "Schwinn Approved" rear racks to fit a 27" bike. Thanks for looking!
  4. GTV

Brooks Conquest Saddle

Looking for a Brooks Conquest Saddle in black. Not interested in any other brand, model, or colour. I'm picky like that :) Thanks for looking!
  5. GTV

Fixed Gears Are Dumb! The Story Of My 1981 Voyageur

For my first few years in the bicycle hobby that’s exactly how I felt. Why on earth would someone choose to not have the ability to coast?? It sounded completely mad to me, no way would I ever get one of those things. Besides, new bicycles and especially diamond frames did not appeal to me in...
  6. GTV

Pair Of 584 ISO 650B 36H Wheels/Hoops

Just like the title says, I'm looking for a matched pair of 584 ISO (650B) wheels or just hoops with 36 holes. I need something older, not the new 27.5" mountain bike stuff. According to Sheldon Brown: This size was the standard size for French utility bikes, heavy-duty touring bikes and...
  7. GTV

Seatpost Won’t Stay Put!

I’ve been commuting with my converted-to-fixed ‘81 Voyageur lately and something that is driving me nuts is that the seat post will not stay where I clamp it. After a couple rides it slides down about an inch or more. I’ve tightened it as much (or more, really) than I feel comfortable with. It’s...
  8. GTV

Visiting New Orleans in March, Tips? Bicycles?

Hey all! The wife and I are taking a trip to New Orleans for my birthday from the 21-27th of March. I've been wanting to go for a loooonnnngg time so I finally pulled the trigger and I can't wait! :) I have been doing my research of course but I was curious to know if anyone has personal...
  9. GTV

Husqvarna!

I was in Copenhagen a couple months ago and this bike blantenly stood out from a crowd of hundreds of thousands. Every detail was gorgeous. Patina was perfect. I never knew Husky made bikes!
  10. GTV

Still looking... Schwinn 26” S2 Non Knurled Chrome Wheel

As the title says... looking for a front wheel to match the rear I’ve already got. If you only have the hoop I’ll take that as well. Thanks for looking!
  11. GTV

WWII Era Wards Hawthorne Lightweight

I'll admit, it's priced high to start. Of course I'll give a MUCH better deal to anyone who contacts me through here. Thanks for looking! :) https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/d/vintage-wards-hawthorne/6339268707.html
  12. GTV

Still Looking: Early 50's Schwinn Headset

Like the title says, I need all the headset bits for a 51 Schwinn; cups, bearings, washers, etc. All of it. Thanks for looking!
  13. GTV

1951 Schwinn B19/Hornet

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/6258578563.html
  14. GTV

WTB Schwinn Balloner Fork

As the title says, looking for a straight men's balloner fork. I'll consider either standard rigid or a springer (my bike originally came with a springer but it's long gone). I need the bearings as well but I've got the rest of the headset in stock. Thanks for looking!
  15. GTV

1951 Schwinn... Springer Fork Question

I just picked up this '51. Well, most of it. The original springer fork is long gone. Will a repop chrome fork fit and work correctly? If so, does anyone have a fork that they would sell, or recommend a seller for one? Much appreciated :)
  16. GTV

1940 Schwinn DX Klunker Build

Lately I've been focused on building a new commuter bike (1983 Schwinn World) but this bike is on deck. I traded a set of wheels for this frame last fall. I've always wanted a prewar Schwinn to build a klunker out of, now I can! I've been collecting parts lately. I'm aware that these bikes...
  17. GTV

1963 Schwinn Typhoon

Original faded red paint. Brand new 26x2.125 red walls and tubes. Bendix rear hub, New Departure front on vintage chrome hoops. Brand new red chain. Mechanically rebuilt 100% and ready to ride. Can also sell with stock handlebars if desired. Asking $200, sorry no shipping but I can deliver in...
  18. GTV

How do I Remove This Crank?? Schwinn World Build- Finished

1983 Schwinn World (built by Giant). I'm not familiar with this crankset style. I took the nut off of course and tapped the pin around but nothing seems to be moving. Figured I'd ask before I break something :) Thanks!
  19. GTV

What to do in Seattle?!

Heyo! I just moved to Seattle (Ballard) a couple months ago. Loving it here! I'm looking for some like minded individuals who ride. Obviously I love custom vintage bikes, but I'm also into Klunkers (single speed rigid mountain bikes) and pretty much anything else on two wheels. Cars are cool...
  20. GTV

1952(?) Cadillac badged Schwinn Deluxe Autocycle

I found this old boy on Sunday. From what I can tell it's all original aside from the missing tank- if anyone has one please let me know!! It also has the locking truss rod fork... But the lock cylinder is missing as well. Can anyone elaborate on the Cadillac headbadge?
Back