Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. hardcore73

Between the Bars...show me your ideas for Double Bar Bikes..

I was pretty excited when i picked up my first straight bar Schwinn. I already had the idea of what I would use for the space between before I even got it.
  2. hardcore73

THERE'S GREMLINS AT MY HOUSE

That's a beaut' I had a friend who had a gremlin growing up. He was a little crazy, he trashed the car in a fit of rage :(
  3. hardcore73

My '51 Schwinn

:D Thanks for the compliments on the bike guys. Alot of thought has gone into this build for the flow to happen. It also is my favorite build yet. Right now I have two other projects goin' a spaceliner chopper and a spaceliner refurb for my wife, gonna make it all gurly :wink:
  4. hardcore73

Oldest one so far

Thanx for the feedback on this one. I haven't decided what to do with it yet as I have others in line before this one.I am curious though how you could tell what year it was.
  5. hardcore73

Oldest one so far

Couldn't pass this one up even though its another girls frame. From the date code/ serial# on the bottom bracket I believe it to be a 1945 Schwinn. I think there are alot of replaced and missing parts like here. There should be a different fork for the missing truss rods, right? And...
  6. hardcore73

leaping gazelle

This is nice. I think it would look good for the month of September :wink:
  7. hardcore73

Hi, I'm Joe, I have a bicycle addiction......

Everyone say....HI JOE. :roll: Welcome to the club Bro. I joined just about a year ago with the same problem you have. I'm not sure if I'm getting any better tho. Nice shot of your rat fink it looks calender worthy.
  8. hardcore73

Show Your Truss Rod Forks

Here's mine
  9. hardcore73

Dusty Deluxe (1950 Hawthorne)

Me likes the first one :P
  10. hardcore73

My '51 Schwinn

Those are Bell Streamliners 26x2.25 I picked 'em up at walmart on clearance. I got best in class yesterday at the bike show with this one and two others! woo hoo :D
  11. hardcore73

My '51 Schwinn

I struggled for quite a while with the details on this build :? . The truss rods were one of those details, but am very pleased with the way they turned out. The paint theme is the aged look I was going for, you can also pick it up on the rear end of the bike with the back wheel and fender being...
  12. hardcore73

Grumpy (AKA Hot Rod Higgins) is in

This bike is so rad 8) I dig the flourescents on the flat black. I cant remember did this bike place in the top 3 this year? If it didn't it should have.
  13. hardcore73

SUNDAY OCT. 21st 3rd Annual FOX VALLEY BIKETOBERFEST

Yeah I was pretty torn between the two also but I'll be going to this one since the Rockford one is more geared towards Krates and Stingrays anyhow.
  14. hardcore73

My '51 Schwinn

Just finished this one (sort of). I plan on posting a build thread for anyone interested a little later.
  15. hardcore73

Bikes with racks, bags, crates etc

Heres my cargo themed bike featured in RRBO7 Built for my daughter who thinks she has to bring everything she owns with her when she goes for a ride
  16. hardcore73

Old Perry hub

Right on man :!: Thanx for the quick reply :D
  17. hardcore73

Old Perry hub

Hey :!: Has anyone out there rebuilt an old English Perry hub before? I cant figure out how to even get started :? Are there some special tools needed to do this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  18. hardcore73

PLACE YOUR VOTES HERE!

Just wanted to say thanx to whoever voted or considered voting for my build "special delivery". I wasn't even sure I could compete with alot of these awesome bikes but threw my hat in anyway. I am not a competitive person by nature so entering this contest was only for fun and to show the rest...
  19. hardcore73

For Autumn or "Special Delivery"

I guess my years of practice at being a carpenter have paid off :P . Some day I want to build a bike with alot more wood being used, but for now I'll settle for this. Thanks guys.
Back