Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

Monark / J.C. Higgins 24" Chainguard (Top Dollar)

Looking for this chainguard, which came on 1956-1957 Monark Rocket 24" middleweight. It was also used on the J.C. Higgins 24" middleweight from the same time period. Any condition. Top dollar paid.
  2. A

Wanted: Monark Rocket 24"

Looking for a 1956 / 1957 24" Monark Rocket middleweight (see photo). Differences from the earlier 24" frame included a straight intermediate bar and 8 hole chain ring. Message me. Thanks
  3. A

Any one know what frame this is ?

That frame is a 1958 Thunder Jet (sometimes written as "ThunderJet") Riviera by Chain Bike Corporation of Rockaway, New York. CBC introduced the Riviera middleweight in 1957 and apparently only produced the model for one or two years and only under their Thunder Jet brand. It was available in...
  4. A

coastking mystery

When Huffy took over Monark in 1958, they inherited Monark's supplier agreement with Coast-To-Coast stores to produce some of the Coast King brand bikes. Huffy also inherited the "Bearcat" model name from Monark and used it for some of their Coast King branded bikes like the 1964 model below.
  5. A

WANTED: Elgin / Murray / Derby / Mercury Truss Rods (Any Condition)

Looking for truss rods for a late 1930's to early 1940's 26" Murray / Elgin / Derby / Mercury. Any condition. See below for reference image. Thanks!
  6. A

Derby Head Badge (Murray-Ohio Brand)

Yes, I communicated with the seller and gave him additional details on the bike. If you're planning on converting it to a clunker and don't need the badge, let me know. I have an Elgin badge that will replace it if you want to swap too. Thanks.
  7. A

1956-1958 Schwinn Jaguar Tank Wanted

Looking for the left side of this 1956 to 1958 Jaguar tank. Must be "Opalescent Red" with the pre-1959 Schwinn script. Thanks.
  8. A

Derby Head Badge (Murray-Ohio Brand)

Need a head badge for a late 1930's to early 1940's Derby. This was a Murray made brand sold exclusively through Pep Boys. Badge features horse and rider over script. Thanks.
  9. A

Repairing Bent Monark Springer Forks...

I am set up for fabrication with 20 years experience but I would still try to heat and bend first. Seeing how there is no consensus and apparently no one on the forum has tackled straightening this particular fork, I'll go with the simpler method first.
  10. A

So you would suggest seeing if the tube can corrected by bending first and it that doesn't work resort to cutting / welding a new piece?
  11. A

What method would you use in repairing the degree of bend on the forks shown above?
  12. A

I've noticed more than a few vintage Monark springer forks with bent tubes and was wondering if anyone had ever attempted a repair for this seemingly common issue. Thanks, Chris
  13. A

Vintage Raleigh Motorized

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the rare '57 Lancer frame?
Back