Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. V

a bout time

Just picked up a run-a-bout frame at long beach swap. I already have a complete run-a-bout, so this one will be custom. I am still deciding if the bike will have fun chopper stuff on it, or to make a really small electric bike... stay tuned.
  2. V

prewar schwinn tandem

I picked up this old schwinn tandem yesterday. There are a few incorrect parts: front tire, neck, crank, pedals... I would like to narrow down a year for it, but for now I am guessing TOC-1930?? Please let me know if there is any information other than the Ignaz Schwinn family bike, and the 1899...
  3. V

Headbadges, I made one!

working through tutorials on acid etching, and experimenting with my vinyl plotter, I made a custom headbadge: My friend came to me with the artwork, so i vectorized it, cleaned it up, plotted it out in vinyl, etched it, colored it and cut it out. The color is just sharpie marker. I dont have...
  4. V

1934 Excelsior

off of CL! I payed a bit more than I would have liked, but I think we were both happy with the price. http://www.flickr.com/photos/39956471@N06/
  5. V

Brave

I just watched Pixar's "Brave" tonight. I don't know what the negative reviews were about... I thought the movie was great!! My expectations of the movie were a bit low because I figured it was a cross between "How to train your Dragon", and "Mulan"..., but it wasn't! I was totally blown away...
  6. V

Electric Stingray

Hello! I built what I think is the first electric vintage Schwinn Stingray! I used the Ampedbikes SLA kit, and I want to thank them for a solid product and great support. Here is the bike when I first got it off craigslist Thanks Pete! I tore it down, wet sanded the frame and clear coated...
  7. V

Greetings from California!

Hello, I have been on this site for a few months and I figured it was about time I introduced myself!! I grew up in southern California, and now reside in Novato, California. I have been collecting schwinns for about 15 years. I also like volkswagens, and I drive my 57 oval bug daily. By trade...
Back